We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirFast Tickets

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
AirFast Tickets

OK, I had my doubts about this and should have gone with my gut. One week out I got a notice that my return flight will not leave until the time I was suppose to arrive at my final destination. This is not acceptable since I have an appointment hours before I arrive home. My travel was booked on USAir going and AA returning. Everyone is saying someone else is responsible for resolving the problem. AA because my travel begins on USAir. USAir because the problem is with AA. AFT because AA changed the flight. If they can't fide a flight that works they will refund the ticket. So what do I do then???? Will they book on a different airline for the same $$$. ATF response - no, probably not. I leave in one week and can't imagine how much a new ticket will cost me. Has anyone else had these problems and were they resolved to your satisfaction?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirFast Tickets

Aft should be able to offer you rerouting options, depending on how long the delay is. If the options presented are not suitable you can ask for a refund, as they have told you, it's then up to you to buy another ticket. The airlines will not pay towards this new ticket. You may also have a delay as the refund is processed.

You will need to go through aft as this is who you bought from. I would look at other aa flights and see if one suitable, make your decision and then call aft and ask them to book you on it. If you don't find one suitable, make sure you look at the cost of alternate options and then make sure you are still happy with your decision.

You should also look at your travel insurance to see if you are covered.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirFast Tickets

Oh, sorry and do note, aft is in default in Europe to iata to something like over 40 million bucks and had it's trading license revoked. Think carefully before asking them for a refund.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirFast Tickets

Thanks froggy. I think at this point I will need to be satisfied with whatever they offer me as a return flight and just count my blessings when I get home.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirFast Tickets

To be honest it's probably your safest option,,,:-((

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3,488 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: AirFast Tickets

Very much so ;-)

I'm quite surprised you got an option that didn't cost extra in the first place

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirFast Tickets

Well, the saga isn't over yet. It's 24 hours later and I haven't heard back. I did check my itinerary on US Air and they are still showing my original booking. I'll keep you updated.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AirFast Tickets

So I finally got a reply.... They have managed to get me on a 6 AM flight on the original date. Can't say I'm thrilled with waking up that early, but it does get me to my Sat. evening appointment on time. The other thing I feel is positive is that it's on the same airline. Before I was flying 2 different airlines. I guess I lucked out.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AirFast Tickets

A departure at 0600 is certainly not the ideal way to start a day but if it works for you then so be it.

Something to keep in mind should you find schedule changes in future flights (which ideally you will have booked directly with the airline). In the event of a schedule change the new offering will be one that will be spat out by a computer and may not necessarily be to your liking.

Should that happen then you will have to do a bit of research to find alternate flights with the same airline or a company that has codeshares with that airline and availability in the class of service you've booked, that suit your needs. You will need to call the airline and say 'sorry, not happy with alternative A, but how about alternative B?' They may agree to that, or you may need to provide alternative C.

In short, you need not accept the suggested change as presented. You may need to make an effort to find a happy alternative, but that half hour of your time will be worth it.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AirFast Tickets

Good info. Thanks so much. And, you are correct, booking with the airline seems like the best choice.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AirFast Tickets

Well, I was too optimistic... The saga continues. After telling me they had a flight and I accepted it, I then called the airline to confirm that I was on that flight. Nope, I wasn't. Called back AFT. Oh, we need to confirm that. WHAT? You can call the airline in 30 minutes to confirm. Nope. Instead, I got an email that said "Your request has been solved... After to our phone conversation I would like to inform you that we must contact the airline again in order to fix your back trip 30 AUG Minneapolis-Jacksonville." No joke - What the heck does that mean? So I called - there is nothing "solved' about this problem. I'm sitting here waiting again for "a few hours, please". I leave in less than 48 and this is day 7 of working on this problem. Unbelievable.