We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

I am booked on LH779 in April 2015 and the selected and paid seats per my booking are Economy 43H & 43K which on the LH "my booking" are upper deck.

On both Seat Guru and Lufthansa website, there is no row 43 upper or lower deck ??

On the LH my booking seat plan they are twin seats are the far right seats in a 2+4+2 configuration, again not what is on any seat map other than on My Booking.

Very confused?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Very odd indeed (and AussieEssem's points are verified).

A 2-4-2 configuration in economy points to an A330 or A340, so maybe Lufthansa has a planned equipment change for that flight (Singapore-Frankfurt) in the pipeline. But for a random date in April 2015 it's still showing as a 380 on lufty dot com.

I would call them and ask.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 08:24
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

One of the issues seatguru and the others are facing is the implementation of the new premium economy seats that LH says will be done by late summer 2015 (www.lufthansa.com/de/en/premium-economy-class). From what I can see though on http://www.lufthansa.com/ch/en/Seat-maps, economy seats are and will be on the lower deck though... Why don't you contact LH to ask them?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Thanks USBusinessTraveller and SwissDiver, I will call, but thought I'd pose the question on here to see if I was completely missing something that experts knew about. I didn't pay for Premium Economy, just paid for being able to select our seats. My Travel Agent actually rang LH when I was trying to do the seat selection because the seat map didn't match what I had and I was trying to make sure I didn't get a seat with the inflight entertainment box (which is referred to on Seat Guru) in the floor space in the seat ahead. I have long legs and need every bit of leg room I can get. The person she spoke with at LH wasn't very helpful and didn't understand what she was talking about and said LH can't guarantee what the person in front might put under their seat !! Since booking I've read some disturbing reviews about LH and am nervous about what I am now committed to but the flight connections were the most favourable for us and I didn't think I would have to worry about an airline such as Lufthansa.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Called LH and they have assured me row 43 does exist on the Upper Deck but the seat maps haven't been undated to the latest maps yet.

Still not feeling that comfortable with this, but will keep checking for updated seat maps as the time gets closer.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Have you looked on Expert Flyer? They show the seats you mention, although seats 43HK are not showing as taken!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Hi Dimarie40, I'm trying to see how to use Expert Flyer, can't see where to get seat maps, but I didn't post the dates so I even more confused as to how you can tell which flight it is where the seats are not showing as taken, but good to know you can see a map with those seats :-)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,199 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

As you have called LH & they "have assured you" the seats do exist.

Why do you think anyone on here will know better than them & why do you still feel uncomfortable ??

We have even turned up at the departure gate to find very last minute equipment change, so there is no point worrying about it.

No guarantee about things.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 10:31
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Mike, I posed the question before I called LH, mainly because it is not so easy to actually speak to someone and I thought before doing so I would put out the question as there are experts on this site who may have been able to assist, which they have. I was assured by someone over the phone and because I can't "see" the seats even on their own website (other than My Booking page) I was feeling uncomfortable and because I have read about travelling companions being separated. Its an awfully long flight so I want to be relaxed and preferably seated with my friend. Since Dimarie40 has advised the latest maps are on Expert Flyer (which I don't subscribe to so I can't see a seat map) I am feeling more comfortable. Yes nothing is guaranteed, but if there was an error, getting it fixed now rather than in April next year seems no more than due diligence on my part.

Thanks everyone for your input, I am confident now the online maps are a bit behind the booking maps and all is as well as can be.

Cheers

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,586 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

On a point in your earlier post, what has made you nervous about LH?

I've had issues with them in the past- equipment failure, long delays- but they've always been sorted out very professionally and fairly.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LH A380 800 ticketed seats don't match ANY seat plans

Hi AussieEssem,

I was in exactly the same situation with booked seats on the upper deck (booked for next July, reserved two separate pairs of window seats - rows 41, 42, seats H and K - kids love the windows and that would be perfect for 4 of us). Looked at this thread and was convinced everything looked fine. The LH online booking looked good, but only until YESTERDAY, when I discovered (by chance out of curiosity) that the upper deck had disappeared from the booking seatmap and our reserved seats moved to the lower deck (no email notification from LH whatsoever). They automatically reassigned the four seats to 66A,C,D and 67A (looking at the seatmap - silly decision with one seat "hole" in the middle. It's free to change it, which I surely did (but no such isolated pairs window seats in the lower deck seatmap, obviously). So just letting you know - check your booking!

If anyone has any recommendation of best seats with window view (not obstructed by the wing) and no intrusive entertainment boxes under the seats in the same row, on LH A380 lower deck - would be highly appreciated.

Regards.