We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Flight Delays

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Flight Delays

Our thomas Cook flight was delayed from Glasgow to Tenerife on 11 July by over 6 hours. I have written to Thomas Cook and am waiting for a reply. I am half expecting them to say that they will be waiting for the result of the Jet 2 case. However, does anyone know if they view flight only claims differently from flights as part of a package holiday

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,273 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Delays

I don't know the views of Thomas Cook as far as flight only or package holidays are concerned but the EU Regulations apply to all flights regardless of whether it's a flight only or part of a package.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,963 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Delays

Thomas Cook, as other TOs do, view EU261 the same for flights and packages. Why should they view them any differently?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Delays

Thanks. They say they have 28 days to answer so am fully expecting them to reply on day 28 and say they are waiting for the Supreme Court to rule on the Jet 2 case!

4. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Delays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16