We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport - Fastrack Times

Yorkshire
14 posts
Save Topic
Passport - Fastrack Times

Hi,

I put my passport through the Fastrack Service and have just received a message saying that "Your new passport in now being printed and should arrive in the next few working days..."

Does anyone know how long it takes from receiving this message to it arriving at your door ?

We fly on Sunday so are hoping it arrives by Saturday post

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,565 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport - Fastrack Times

I think you'll be very lucky to get it by Saturday - you'll need the Passport Office to print it almost immediately and then you're in the hands of the Post Office (or Snail Mail).

Sorry to be negative - best of luck.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport - Fastrack Times

If it's being returned by Special Delivery make sure you're in to sign for it otherwise it'll go back to the Sorting Office.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,946 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport - Fastrack Times

When I fast tracked mine four years ago it took five days from handing it over at the Post Office until getting it. It didn't come via special delivery it was a courier and no signature was required.

Whether yours will come in this time I'm not sure, not sure what the current status with the Passport agency is after issues earlier this year.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport - Fastrack Times

and then you're in the hands of the Post Office (or Snail Mail).

=====

I'm pretty sure they use a courier company, not the post office, and you arent necessarily asked to sign for it. I wasn't asked to sign for mine for example it was just popped through the letter box though in my case only half way !

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport - Fastrack Times

Passports are delivered by courier within 24-48 hours of printing.

6. Re: Passport - Fastrack Times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:17