We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inghams

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
375 reviews
Save Topic
Inghams

Can any one help me please .Whilst I understand baggage delays happen mine was 5 days late and Inghams do not appear to think it even worth an apology

Has any one else found a way of getting a reaction out of them .Thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inghams

How did Inghams lose your bags? They're a travel agent?

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inghams

Thank you, I appreciate that Inghams did not delay my bag, however they offered zero support whilst on holiday .The rep made no contact with me to advise of any efforts being made to get my bags to me. .

Perhaps I expect too much when it comes to caring for the customer,the least I expected was for them to acknowledge the delay would have impacted on my holiday .

3. Re: Inghams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 14:03
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,047 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inghams

If you booked flights with them then yes you would expect assistance from the rep in searcing for the bags and informing you of where they are.

Also informing you of your rights and how to put in a claim for any purchased items required.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inghams

Inghams is a UK tour operator, not a travel agent.

It is really the airlines fault but it sounds like Inghams could have handled the situation better. If you lost your bags on the outward journey, the reps should sort out any problems. If you lost your bags on the return journey I doubt there was a rep in the airport, especially the smaller ones.

When you noticed your bags were missing who did you notify?

Have you tried contacting Inghams by phone / letter or via facebook? What do you want to achieve by contacting them now?

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inghams

Thank you all

Yes I have contacted Inghams .I accept they did not delay my bag .However the support from the rep was zero.

I reported my bag delayed at the airport to the appropriate people.They could not have been more helpful.5 days later my bag arrives.This obviously impacted on my holiday.I had hoped that Inghams would at least agree the the rep could have been more supportive.They appear satisfied that BA delayed the bag and I can see why I just hoped Inghams for the sake of their reputation may have seen their way clear to as least apologize for not appearing to care .

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inghams

To be fair Inghams talk up their reps big time on their website, even mentioning lost property...

www.inghams.co.uk/about-us/why-choose-inghams

'We also recognise the priceless peace of mind that our Reps bring to your time abroad, and from the thankfully rare occasions such as when the 2010 ash-cloud struck, or simpler matters of lost property or help finding your way around the resort, our Representatives have proved their value to our guests time and time again.'

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inghams

Shame our rep did not look at the web site then.Even the owner of the hotel found it hard to believe the lack of assistance he gave.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inghams

I have travelled with Inghams on several occassions and have always thoughts their reps were excellent, shame your experience was not so good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inghams

Yes it is a shame because a simple "sorry " from Inghams would have been nice.Now they have lost a customer .