We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I clear US customs?

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Where do I clear US customs?

Hi

Flying from Ottawa to Las Vegas, with a connection in Calgary. Do we clear US Customs in Ottawa or Calgary.

Thanks!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,584 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I clear US customs?

I would reckon Calgary as that is the flight departure to the US. Ottawa to Calgary would be domestic. To be sure though, check with the airlines.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I clear US customs?

Calgary as this is your international departure point - you also pre clear US Immigration at this point and arrive at LAS as a domestic flight.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I clear US customs?

Calgary for sure.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,850 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I clear US customs?

Well as you know you do not need to go through any formalities for going from Ottawa to Calgary as both cities are in Canada Your flight from Calgary to Vegas is international and that is why you will go through pre clearance in Calgary as the PP mentioned

5. Re: Where do I clear US customs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 06:15