We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

Which is preferable seat 23K or seat 9K

According to SeatGuru, 23K is a great seat, but is it very close to the bar and as this is a night flight, am I likely to be disturbed with noise from the bar.

Is the view from from the window obscured by the wing from either of these seats

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

I was I think on row 10 or 11 window and it was great lie flat beds huge screens and easy access to the aisle and reasonably good food for a flight If you are a light sleeper being near the lounge will be an issue

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

23K (or A) is my seat of choice on the 380 with EK, it feels a little more private with the dividing wall just in front, and a little more room, not had a problem with the bar area.

But be aware you are just one row away from the bassinet row, but in all my flights on this aircraft in this seat only had one baby there and not a problem.

You can hit or miss with noise from the bar sometimes not a soul can be there during a night flight (but also depends on where from/to) .

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both have console thingy between the seat and the aisle so they feel very private. I love the window seats.

The bar does tend to be well used, but the only time I have seen it really busy and noisy was during an early evening flight. I have never seen it too bad during a night flight, but I think 23K is still far enough away for it not to be a problem anyway.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

I have decided to go with 23K.

What swayed it was the fact that rows 6 thru 219 are over the wing, thus obscuring any view. That may be worth factoring into people's considerations

Edited: 25 August 2014, 07:17
london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

sorry for the typo - that should read ' rows 6 through 19' - be a bloody big plane if there were 219 rows !

Edited: 25 August 2014, 07:18
Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

Good choice, I always think the smaller cabin at the back (but not the last row 26) is better,. Only drawback is the meal service can be slow getting to you, but that's it. As I said, I have never had any problems with the bar area but some flights can be noisier than others.

Enjoy your flight wherever your going, and come back and tell us what you thought.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

I am on the flight (DXB to HKG) for the best part of 7 hours, so I guess a delay of an hour or so in getting my food will be no great disaster

Edited: 25 August 2014, 13:13
Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

I flew seat 23A on Emirates A380 from Auckland to London in Feb this year. I'd say it was one of the best J class seats on the plane. Private, quiet and no discernible noise from the bar overnight.

Go for it!

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

Cheers Julie - I have now reserved it,

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Business Class Seat - Emirates A380

Thats good im flying.from nz to uk on.the 27th dec n wiv this seat jus hope its.worth the money