We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates and alcohol

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates and alcohol

Hi we are flying to Dubai Oct for my hubby 50th birthday. I emailed emirates to see if there anything they can do and they will organise cake (free) and champagne at a cost. My question is then, we will have our 18 and 22 yr old sons with us. Can my 18 year old have a glass . I know he can't drink in Dubai and he not interested nor elder lad but as treat on flight. Don't know if you have to be 18 or 21 on flight ?

Many thanks. Won't bother getting if he can't.

Deborah

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates and alcohol

Yes, he can drink on the flight.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,272 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates and alcohol

As said yes he can. Plenty his age do on the flight. Enjoy.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates and alcohol

I've had the cake for my birthday on Emirates. It's pretty cute really, they take photos for you and put them in a card. It is a nice little touch, ENJOY!

4. Re: Emirates and alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 19:07
Edited: 26 August 2014, 19:07
5. Re: Emirates and alcohol

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 19:07
Edited: 26 August 2014, 19:07
Isle Of Man
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates and alcohol

Sorry didn't mean to post twice. Trying to delete one but I don't seem to be able to do so.

Apologies.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,059 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates and alcohol

@ 4,5,6 Why dont you get in contact with Qatar ans ask what they can do. But remember not all airlines will do something(even paying for it, not just expected) for that 'special' day as I found out last year....

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates and alcohol

Make sure you inform the hotel you are staying if you have not done so as the may do something for his birthday. When we were in Thailand my husband celebrated his birthday and whilst we had a special meal in the restaurant they presented him with a cake and sang happy birthday (much to his embarrassment ).

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates and alcohol

Thank you all for your replies. Cake and champers ordered. Can't wait too see his face.

Filcho : thank you, yes have informed hotel as well.

Deborah

10. Re: Emirates and alcohol

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 14:03
Edited: 16 October 2014, 14:03