We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

I bought flights for Xmas to India through Gotogate - didn't even think they could be dodgy as went through skyscanner. Now I'm reading loads of people saying they got charged hidden fees for paying on credit card, changing flights or having to pay extra for luggage when they arrived at the airport. I paid on debit card and need to make no changes to my flights plus on "checkmytrip" it clearly states I have luggage up to 30kg each.

Has anyone had any hassle free experiences through gotogate or should I really start to worry?!

Thanks!

422 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

As long as you have your flights ticketed in the airlines system, keep checking, and checkin on line as soon as you can, it should be OK but there is little else you can do anyway.

Many of these issues arise when purchases dont happen smoothly or when changes need to be made which isn't necessarily you making a change it might be a flight reschedule.

I would not be using checkmytrip, but be looking directly in the airlines system by the way, checkmytrip is another link in the chain. Nothing wrong with it but look into what the airline thinks you have booked not another system.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,785 posts
1,771 reviews
2. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

Also, check the specific airlines for THEIR baggage restrictions. Those are the ones that you will have to abide by - not anything that a 3rd party listed. If there has been some issue regarding excess, over-sized, or over-weight baggage, you will be at the mercy of the airlines. If you bought additional baggage allowance, make sure that the airlines shows that.

Good luck,

Hunt

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
3. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

I had a BAD experience also, actually I'm still having it. I booked a flight through them after I finding them listed on Skyscanner (why Skyscanner?!). All seemed fine but after almost six weeks I received an email from them informing me that my flight was cancelled and that they will refund me apart from their service fees. Called the Air Company and surprise: there was never a flight that day and route to begin with.

Now I'm waiting for my money back, apart for their fee for the 'service' they offered, but hold on, the refund can take between 2 and 16 weeks...

Wish I had read these reviews about them before I bought from them..

So I'm going to write an email to SkyScanner asking them kindly to reevaluate their partnership with this company (see all bad reviews). If you were redirected to GOTOGATE through SkyScanner I recommend you do the same.

GOTOGATE AVOID AVOID AVOID

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
279 reviews
4. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

Adrian P. With ref. to a refund. You need to involve your credit card/debit card issuer asap

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
121 reviews
5. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

#3 'Wish I had read these reviews about them before I booked with them'

I agree with that statement, a thirty second search would have saved you a load of distress and hassle.

A nasty lesson to learn.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
6. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

if any aspect of your flight changes, even if caused by the airlines, these guys make no effort to help, and charge you anyway. i will never book with them, or their like again.

London, United...
1 post
7. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

I booked to go to my son's wedding in Chicago last September.. I didn't have any problems and my fights went off without a hitch!

There were requests for me to purchase insurance, etc but it just said no and that was that..

I would definitely use them again..

2 posts
8. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

Please never use GOTOGATE. It treats customers poorly. It has only a phone number in UK for custom service and the phone queue is very very long (my phone bill is £15+). It has only a Swedish address for complaint and they never reply. Its phone in UK dose not work on weekends. Many airlines allow to make changes free of charge within 24 hours. Because GOTOGATE does not work on weekend, I was charged a new ticket price to change flight dates. Then the airline changed my flight time, despite the original flights were still been sold at higher price for next 7 months. This forced me to cancel the flights. GOTOFGATE told me it would take 4 to 16 weeks to get refund. After one month, they had not started the refund process. After waiting for 16 weeks, no refund from GOTOGATE. I had to get refund from my Credit card company. Never never use GOTOGATE again. They just take your money and do not want to hear from you again.

Edited: 19 May 2015, 09:29
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,812 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

Gotogate is owned by Etraveli AB

You might be able to contact them directly: https://www.etraveli.com/contact/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
10. Re: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?

>>> Many airlines allow to make changes free of charge within 24 hours. Because GOTOGATE does not work on weekend, I was charged a new ticket price to change flight dates.<<

There are airlines that allow free changes/cancellations within 24 hours but this tends to apply if you book direct with the airline. As you booked through a third party you would probably not had the option to get a free change even if you were able to speak to gotogate within 24 hours

Reply to: GOTOGATE - anyone had a GOOD experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted