We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquid Hand Luggage

Aachen, Germany
Level Contributor
26 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Liquid Hand Luggage

Hi,

I'll be flying from Madrid tomorrow with Iberia, and I don't have any checked in baggage. My problem is, I have a brand new lotion (190ml) that isn't even unsealed yet. That's the only liquid I have. Is there any way I can carry it on board? Because it makes no sense to buy an extra baggage just for this lotion (I can't throw it, by the way).

Thanks.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquid Hand Luggage

I would be very surprised if they let you take it on board....leave it at home and buy something similar airside.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
334 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquid Hand Luggage

Put it in a smaller 100ml container or else they'll make you dump it at the airport. I don't think they take into account if it's sealed or unsealed, they just care if it's over 100ml in my experience

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquid Hand Luggage

Decant it into two or more containers each under 100ml and take it on board in those in a plastic bag.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquid Hand Luggage

If you want to put the contents back in the original container when you reach your destination, as long as it's completely empty,you can pack it in your hand luggage..

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,902 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquid Hand Luggage

They will not let you take something that size through security. As others have suggested, decant it into 100 ml bottles.

6. Re: Liquid Hand Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:16