We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair launches Business Plus

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,183 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair launches Business Plus

They said they wanted to do more to attract business passengers.

www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php…

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

It look very similar to the successful Easyjet Business mould.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,150 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

Awww.. Look at them all grown up now ;-) Do you think they have to lock Mr O'Sleary up in a straightjacket at night with a gag to stop him biting his tongue LOL

Edited: 27 August 2014, 10:51
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,673 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

Do you get a *free* loo pass and the right to use the steps when leaving the plane?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,536 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

<<Do you get a *free* loo pass and the right to use the steps when leaving the plane?>>

Probably not, but there are likely to be convenient credit/debit card machines near those facilities.

Now, if that IS the case, I wonder if one would get more time in the loo, if they use a RyanAir credit card?

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,536 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

I can see how "Business Plus" might be a bit of an incentive. Some years ago, US carrier, SWA, (have just gone limited international through merger with AirTrans) added "Business Select," with some bonus features, and those seem to be selling pretty well. Will take time to see if they are viable tickets for the airline. If they are still around in another year, they were probably a good business plan.

Hunt

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

I done a dummy for our flights in january and it worked out £100 more to what is did adding all the extras ourselves

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,150 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

Yes but one of the main benefits is the flex options where you can change flights FOC so probably not aimed at you presuming you are just going on holiday.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

Not the case at all.

As a business commuter I thought I'd give Business Plus a go. The return leg I booked I wished to change as I finished the work a day ahead of schedule. I contacted the call centre to change and rebook the flight and was charged another £100.

The con is you have to pay the fare difference at the Business Plus rate. The business fare more than quadrupled the closer the towards the flight date you are. So this flexibility concept is just another trap.

I bought business plus for comfort in case I needed to change last minute however I would have been better of buying three standard return tickets pre, post and the intended date of travel.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

Did you read the terms and conditions of business plus when you booked it?

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,412 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair launches Business Plus

Well on their page advertising BP (https://www.ryanair.com/en/business-plus/) They state "Flexibility on ticket changes* Unlimited flight changes"" asterisk leads to

The asterisk leads to "*Subject to availability" No mention of "and difference in fare".

However the T&Cs say "Any flight changes (flight/route) made before the day of travel will not be charged a Flight Change fee but any applicable fare difference is payable."

Changes on the day are completely free of charge,

So this is a classic example of not relying on advertising hype and actually reading about what you are buying.