We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France pilot strike

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Air France pilot strike

Just heard that the strike action will be monday 15th September until monday 22nd September. Now officially worried as due to fly from CDG on 16th to Mauritius Air France codeshare with Air Mauritius, anyone know if this is likely to be affected are Air Mauritius considering action? Any info would be good, Air France customer care say it's too early to tell, but hopefully a resolution can be found before then. Anyone with experience of flying in this situation ie codeshare etc shed some light?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France pilot strike

I am sure Air Mauritius will be unaffected as they only code share with Air France.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France pilot strike

Which airline is the operating carrier? And it is to early to know how things will be affected. The airlines usually announce contingency plans a few days before industrial action.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France pilot strike

Booked flight with Air France online and for my departure day you could pick a certain time with either Air France or Air Mauritius, the AM flight suited better, but all fees, info, tickets etc are through AF but I understand it will be an AM plane we are on( code share partners ). Trying not to overly worry as hopefully still a bit of time for a resolution.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,951 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France pilot strike

Alpha from Kaua'i!

I am scheduled to fly Air France A380 from LAX to CDG on Sept 7th. We are in Paris for two weeks.

I have been told it is doubtful long haul international will be affected - but if it is - at least we will be in

Paris!

I am relieved to put it mildly.

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,826 posts
1,307 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France pilot strike

Janet,

Looks like the proposed strike with AF will be after your trip, which is a great thing.

Travel safely, and enjoy,

Hunt

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France pilot strike

I am due to Fly BHX to SIN (via CDG ) tomorrow. my return flight from Singapore (on AF) is due to leave just past midnight Singapore time on the 15th, I am kind of assuming the strike will begin French time on the 15th? so am hoping I will be ok for my long haul flight

My flight then from CDG to BHX is a code share with Flybe - which i am assuming is unaffected? anyone have any thoughts?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France pilot strike

I am booked on Air France from ATL to CDG on Sept. 15. When should I worry enough to rebook with their partner - Delta?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,951 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France pilot strike

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I am flying to Paris tomorrow night and returning on the 21st - I am not going to do anything until I am notified that my flight is changed/cancelled personally - I have been told that there is a good chance they won't strike anyway.

I wouldn't go changing my flight plans on the chance that this could occur - of course this is on my return portion of my vacation, so I'm not as worried about it either.

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,826 posts
1,307 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France pilot strike

Janet,

Glad that things are going well on your trip. Also, glad that you got the AutoCorrect feature fixed - "Alpha" for "Aloha," but we knew what you meant. I hate AutoCorrect!

Travel safely, and may all go your way.

Aloha,

Hunt

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France pilot strike

As Janet says, probably don't panic until contacted by airline. Have been doing my own digging on this also and the general consensus seems to be that long haul should remain unaffected with any disruption being to inter european flights and even then only if a resolution can't be found in time. So not panicking yet but no news is good news.