We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers at Heathrow

Durham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfers at Heathrow

I am booked on a return flight to New York fron Newcastle via Heathrow with BA. Does my luggage get checked through to New York. Also my flight from Newcastle lands at Heathrow at 7.25am and my flight to New York leaves at 8.30 am. Will I have enough time to catch this flight. Thank you for any answers

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

If you are already booked, what can you do about it now?

If you are on one ticket, yes, your bag will be checked through to New York. I would think you could make this connection.

Durham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

Thank you for your comment

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,399 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

If your flight is on time you'll have no problem making the connection.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,351 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

Going to N America, short transfers are no problem as you are straight into the terminal at Heathrow as soon as you walk off the flight from Newcastle.

Coming back, both times, in 2012 & 2013, with all the various checkpoints, security, immigration etc etc etc, means I've had to run for my Newcastle flight both times, despite my 1st flight arriving on time. Can't say I've been impressed with arrival at Heathrow at all, and I haven't been there when its been busy

Your luggage will be checked all the way through to New York

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

As your flight arrives and you walk into T5, look for the purple Flight Connections signs. Following this route on a domestic to international connection within Terminal 5 avoid having to go through security again. (Unfortunately on the return journey there's no way to avoid it).

Don't stop and shop, whatever you do. Your flight will probably leave from T5B or T5C and you need to take a shuttle train to get there, but it's do-able.

Minimum connecting time for your outward journey is 60 minutes, and BA's computers won't sell a through ticket that has a connection below minimum.

California
Level Contributor
4,655 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

jaynewcastle11, your experience with BA and Heathrow concerning No. America flights to and from Newcastle mirror my and my family's experiences as well.

7. Re: Transfers at Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:16