We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
648 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

I am flying from Denver to Zurich on United airlines. We make a stop at Newark, where I connect to the Zurich leg of the journey. My question is: Do I have to go through security again at Newark or does United have a shuttle that takes you to the International terminal without having to go through security again?

Edited: 28 August 2014, 19:52
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,727 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

There does appear to be an airside terminal shuttle between the different UA terminals at EWR.

https:/…ewr.aspx

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

You will not need to reclear security at Newark.

Your inbound flight will arrive at Terminal C. If your onward flight to Zurich is the United operated flight that will leave from C. If you're on the Swiss operated flight - on which United code shares - that will depart from Terminal B, in which case you can take the free air side shuttle bus from C to B (the green line on the map below).

united.com/web/…ewr.aspx

Do NOT go land side at Newark. Getting back through security can be a pain with very long lines.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

Many thanks for that info!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
63 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

The tram is still down at Newark so you will need to take a bus instead. Not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

Thanks for all the info. I arrive at 3:45 pm and depart at 6:30. I will need to go out of terminal C, because I am traveling with my Jack Russell and he will need to hit a the pet relief area. I think I will have enough time to go out and come back in. Am I wrong?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,809 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

Definitely make sure you take the air side shuttle if you have to move from terminal C to B. I don't find it that well marked so if you feel like you're walking out of security, turn around and ask someone where to catch the shuttle. Security at Newark can be terrible and it's much easier to transfer air side.

Eagle, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

I would think that traveling with your dog will make a difference. You didn't mention that in your OP.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7760897…

They did on this one, though why two different threads when one would suffice?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

Sorry, but I posted this one before I thought of my dog. He is a service animal and I have taken him through security many times with no holdups or mishaps. Sorry if the two posts upset you, but thanks for the info anyway.

10. Re: Form Denver to Zurich via Newark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:17