We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane to lax

Mount Surprise...
6 posts
Save Topic
Brisbane to lax

Just wondering if anyone has flown from Australia to lax with air New Zealand , their flights are over 1000 cheaper than others and am planning trip for dec this year

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane to lax

What dates are you looking at? I just put in some random dates for Air Naw Zealand and Qantas and they were very similar.

Were these fares you were looking at direct from the airline website?

Mount Surprise...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane to lax

From 5th till 21 st December on skyscanner

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane to lax

Skyscanner is showing Air New Zealands cheapest at $1540 and Qantas at $1921 for those dates. Have you double checked? Qantas is generally a much quicker trip as NZ stops in Auckland also.

Mount Surprise...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane to lax

With four of us going its a big saving , was wondering if it was worth a go

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane to lax

Sky scanner is a comparison search site what is the actual company the flights are with ?

You don't book flights with sky scanner just search for them.

Make sure it's not some dodgy 3rd party online travel agent.

Deb

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisbane to lax

When you wrote a saving of $1,000 I kinda presumed it was for one person ...

Before booking with a 3rd party site check with the airline itself ... Air New Zealand is currently running a sale to the USA

airnewzealand.com.au/north-america-on-sale

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisbane to lax

Air New Zealand, Qantas and Virgin Australia are all just over $2000 when entering those dates direct on their websites.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane to lax

I have travelled with Air New Zealand from Brisbane to Los Angeles and am doing so again on 6th Dec. Yes, it is a bit longer having to stop in NZ, but I have booked directly with Air NZ with significant savings. Also, I have generally been happy with their level of service.

I did once get stuck in between 'Mr Blanket over my head and leave me the hell alone' and 'Mr Grumpy that you would dare ask me to move once in a 12 hour flight so you can go to the bathroom' , but if you're travelling together you won't have that problem and hopefully both of those people contracted a really bad case of airplane flu shortly after the flight.

I also like the one up bidding system on Air NZ which is available only if you book directly with them.

Mount Surprise...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisbane to lax

Thank for that hope you have a good trip over

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisbane to lax

Definitely go with Air NZ if it's such a big saving! I think Qantas is also a good airline, but when you're travelling with 4 people that kind of saving is very significant. The transit in NZ is a small inconvenience (or an opportunity to stretch your legs if you're an optimist) for saving money. If Air NZ are having a sale to the US at the moment, jump on it! Have a great time!