We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

Hi,

In a few weeks I will be returning to Manchester from Boston Logan International. My flight arrives at 06.35 and I am travelling in BA Club World. What are people's views on going land side into the BA Arrivals lounge for breakfast and a shower and then coming back air side and into Galleries before my connecting flight back to Manchester at 11.50?

Last time I just went straight to Galleries but seeing I have plenty of time, is a trip to Arrivals worth it?

Am I going much out of my way in wandering around the airport by doing this?

Is a breakfast served in Arrivals but not in Galleries?

How do the showers and facilities compare between the two? Galleries seemed ok last time, but there was not a massive number of them.

Any observations would be most welcome.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,798 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

Don't know about breakfast but the Arrivals Lounge is simply another Galleries Lounge - personally any advantage of the Arrivals Lounge is offset by the need to clear security to get back airside.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

You will get a better breakfast in arrivals. It is a help yourself buffet, whereas in the Galleries it will be bacon rolls at best.

I think you will find it easier to get a shower in arrivals also, just don't put anything on the floor, tends to flood a bit.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

The arrivals lounge is also less likely to be as crowded as the airside lounges at that time of day. You have enough time to have a decent stay and to clear security on the way back.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,885 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

Another vote for breakfast and ablutions in the Arrivals lounge.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,382 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

Given the amount of time head to arrivals too. You can get a massage there too, go to the left as you enter and the Elemis Spa is on your right hand side. There are dozens of showers in arrivals, not nearly as many in departures.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,563 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

Arrivals lounge is much better. The food is better, and it has a more exclusive feel overall. I have seen the airside lounge becoming extremely crowded.

Assuming you hold a UK passport, you should clear immigration in no time. You will have plenty of time to enjoy your visit at the arrivals lounge.

7. Re: LHR T5 Club World Arrivals -v- CW Galleries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:16