We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exploretrip.com strikes again!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
exploretrip.com strikes again!

i booked a trip via explore trip.com (because it was cheaper then anyone else) that involved a transfer from Istanbul back to nye on Delta. Delta has stopped flying IST - JFK and has offered an alternate flight that would be impossible for me to catch do to a prior flight on the same PNR.

Delta says its something explore trip has to change. explore trip never picks up the phone. I emailed them on May 8th and have been waiting for them to get back to me once another alternate is offered.

I'm pretty sure this can all happen instantly but I'm not sure what they are waiting for.

A quick search shows that my customer service experience is the same as many other people.

Anyone else ever receive a resolution for any problems?

217 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

This is why you should book directly with the airline, which allows you to change/manage your flights.

2. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2016, 15:24

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,229 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

People who ignore the constant advice to book direct with the airline, instead looking for the CHEAPEST price possible with 3rd party agents seem to have many more problems.

You would think eventually people would realise :)

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

You say "exploretrip.com strikes again". Does that mean that you've had problems with them in the past, but used them anyway?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

So you looked up their reputation AFTER you had spent money with them and entered into a contract? Wouldn't it have been better to have done this BEFORE?

Knowing then what you know from reading about them now, would you have still booked with them, in order to save a little money?

Savvy flyers will nearly always advise you that saving money by going with 3rd party bookers puts you at risk should something go wrong or you being stuck. These cut price companies are run on a shoestring, and don't have the resources to go into detailed customer service.

In so many ways if you want cheap, then you are going to get cheap service....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

i booked it knowing that it might have been a bit sketch. I will also add that I've flown internationally every other month for the past few years for close to nothing booking on legit sites like orbitz in addition to booking direct with airline and also on 3rd party sights some of which arent even based in NYC. So I know the risk attached to booking with 3rd parties. This trip was about $1000 less then what it should have been so its worth the gamble. =)

My question is asking if anyone has booked with exploretrip before so i can get a time frame on how they resolve issues. Also i'm not too worried about loosing out on the money since i can always dispute the charge or get the DOT involved if needed.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
312 posts
218 reviews
7. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

Awesome that you are not worried. I'm sure it will be nice and easy to sort out.

Singapore
Level Contributor
847 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

I have never bought from this site before. It seems that you are so confident to deal with such 3rd party when they mess things up.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

There is an arbitration agreement in the homemade terms and conditions on their site. It would be fun to give notice of arbitration (now or when and if the problem is not sorted out). The law of India is to be applied but if the hearing is in New York, Indian law provides for the the law of the state of New York to apply in relation to the conduct and supervision of the arbitration. So you give notice as required in New York.

Los Angeles...
1 post
10. Re: exploretrip.com strikes again!

Do not book with ExploreTrip. They make mistakes in the ticketing and then when you call them, their people do not speak English (Indian people I think). They don't understand anything you say and after repeating yourself 10 times, they still don't get it and they don't fix the mistake.

Reply to: exploretrip.com strikes again!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted