We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

I was wondering if anyone had taken this cruise and if the snorkeling at Coco Cay is any good? I, like everyone else hate to pay the high price for the cruise tours. I was also wondering if anyone could recommend any tours from that cruise. I dont mind paying for a good tour, and I dont want to waste my time in a port on a lousy tour. Please help Ready to go!!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

If the weather is good, snorkeling is decent. Bring your own gear and simply rent the safety vest, required by RCI since it is their island.

I have done the jetski tours a few times and had fun.

Normally, I just cab it to the beach or pay the price for a day at an all inclusive resort.

maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

Just got back from this cruise and the weather was too windy to even stop at CocoCay...don't book any excursions until you get on the boat.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

I'm just starting to plan a girls cruise. Thinking about February 15th to 18th 08. Is the ship ok? Your recommendations on decks to stay would be great too. This will be the first cruise for a few of them and I want them to have fun and be willing to try it again. Is it cold then? I have seen that it was windy in March. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

We did this cruise a few years back at the end of Feb. The air temp was pleasent, but what a surprise to have my snorkel gear and ready to go there at Coco Cay....Brrrrrr....but not too bad once you warmed up to the water. I think this would be a good 1st timers cruise....really enjoyed Coco Cay...did the kayak trip there and just relaxed on the beach (and ate! LOL) the rest of the time. We were on the cruise for a wedding...so that took most of our time when in port at Nassau.

Enjoy!

:)

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

Thanks for your input. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

Our family went on Royal Carrib Sovereign of the Seas to bahamas/Nassau for 5 days last June. This was our first cruise so we aren't experts, but we all had a blast. The food and service are wonderful. the shows were good and there was so much to do both on and off the ship that we never booked any xtra activities or tours. Coco Cay was a bit disappointing. it's just a little beach and when everyone got off the ship, there was hardly elbow room on the little island. The stop in Bahamas was more fun. You must go to the Atlantis (take a cab). it's gorgeous and the aquarium is spectacular, one of a kind. Good gambling too.

The 4 of us were stuffed in one tiny room with 4 beds and one bathrm. You definitely won't want to spend any time in the room except to sleep!! There is so much to do on the ship, you will be exhausted when it is time to go to sleep! Go to the Midnight Buffets too, delicious. this is no place to diet or worry about calories!!

7. Re: Royal Carribean Sovereign of the Seas/Bahamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 23:19