We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Allo!!

We're super-excited to have booked this cruise and a 7 night stay in Riu Montego Bay, flying from Gatwick on 23/1/18 but have a few questions if anybody has any answers please?

We sail from and back to Jamaica, ports are Grand Camen, Cuba & Mexico(which we've visited several times anyway & love) but... being new to the Carribean Cruising Malarky could somebody please advise whether it is worth booking excursions before we even leave the UK?

Are there more excursions offered on board which aren't advertised through a travel agent?

Is there any point in booking excursions anyway? (we don't want to be left alone at the dock like a pair of billy no mates!!)

Is there anybody else going??? :)

Love to hear from anybody on the same cruise - I'm sooooooo excited!!!

Thanks for taking your time to read this, Lucy xx

66 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

You can book private guides/tours before the cruise or in some ports at the dock

just depends on your preference or you can just wander around on your own

Stockton On Tees...
Level Contributor
201 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Lucy, we did this cruise two years ago. We booked Chichen itza via Thomson due to the time away from the ship, safe knowing it would wait. We also booked club Tropicana in Havana with Thomson again just because of the travel across the city.

However we did our own thing during the day in Havana, hop on, hop off bus which worked for us. We also just used a local vendor on Grand Cayman which was good and cheaper than a ship excursion. We also had plenty of time to walk about around taking in the sites, swim in the sea and bit of shopping. Jamaica was the same, we got a taxi ourselves on the last day before the flight home and just took in the local sites before a four mile walk back to the ship, not that my wife and daughter were happy about that. Ha ha.

Barry

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

brilliant thanks!! We're all for exploring on foot but didn't want the be left alone at the docks lol

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Pity you are only on for a week re trrps it just depends what you are interested in omly advice is if you go any distance independantly and are late returning the ship will sail without you. I would recomend you do the swim with Stingrays in Grand Cayman. IHavana you dock in the city centre and there is loads to see my little sideshow may or may not put you in the mood :)

https://youtu.be/46Hjs6uwbA8

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

I am interested in booking cruise 7 days preferably on Jan 23 Rd if not available then on Jan2nd.

Would like know price for inner cabin.

emai: amirv2132@gmail.com

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,810 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

amir....this is Trip Advisor not a travel agency. You need to first of all remove your post as you have put your email address on it and then either look online or phone TUI for cabin prices.

London, England
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

I have also been looking at the same cruise. All trips can be done independently. Just look on Tripadvisor Forums or Cruise Critic for ideas.

Walkerton, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Hi Lucy, I am heading out on this exact same cruise next month (Nov 28/17). I too am super excited. Anything you want to know I would be happy to help you out.

The reason I’m reading this message of yours is because I was searching to see if it’s best to book a massage before or wait till I get on the ship.

I will continue to read all the reviews but if you need some insight I’ll be happy to answer anything upon my return.

~Christine from Canada 😊 (clowryy@gmail.com)

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Hi could anyone tell me if we need a visitor visa for Cuba on this cruise. Can't seem to find out. We go in Feb. Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018

Hi Ann,

Were are doing the cruise in Feb 2017 and have the same question. Tui information is unclear. Do we need to apply to the Cuban embassy before we travel, or can this be arranged on board?

Royal Carribean give clear guidance - they will arrange this on board.

Pity Tui don't give the same clear advice.

I will post if I find out the answer.

Reply to: Cuban Fusion Tui Discovery 2 January 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted