We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does NCL give ships visa for Egypt if on private tour?????

sydney australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Does NCL give ships visa for Egypt if on private tour?????

I hope someone who has done this can help me as I have had so much conflicting advise. I know NCL arrange a visa for Egypt if you are on one of their shore excursions BUT do they also get them for passengers taking private tours??? If you know please tell me as I have less then 4 weeks to go!

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
4,969 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does NCL give ships visa for Egypt if on private tour?????

My experience of cruise lines is they don't pay out money unless you're paying them.

I wouldn't rely on what *anyone* says when it can ruin your vacation - get the visas, consulate right in Sydney. The price has GOT to be worth the peace of mind.

Level 3, 241 Commonwealth Street,

Surry Hills, NSW 2010

PO BOX 2582, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012,

Tel.: (61 2) 9281-4844

Fax: (61 2) 9281-4344

visa@egypt.org.au

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does NCL give ships visa for Egypt if on private tour?????

I have seen conflicting reports about visas. Here is an Egyptian website that I found and what it says:

http://touregypt.net/visa.htm

I have also been told that if you are on a cruise ship a blanket visa is obtained. I know that if you arrive at the Egypt airport you can apply right there for a visa. Perhaps if individual visas are needed, then the same may apply at the cruise ports. It may be correct that if you are on a private tour you would need to obtain a visa.

Have you emailed NCL and asked them that question. You might also check their website for Frequently Asked Questions as that question may be posted there.

Let us know what you find out.

May

sydney australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does NCL give ships visa for Egypt if on private tour?????

I think you are right about getting the visas myself for peace of mind.

I have emailed NCL and the response I got was total goobledeegook so Im none the wiser. I will fill in the visa forms and take them in this week. NCL website says they provide them for shore tours, my TA says not for private tours so I will play it safe and then I might even get off the ship ahead of the crowd.

4. Re: Does NCL give ships visa for Egypt if on private tour?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 21:18