We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Cruiselines - Good/Bad? (in Mediterranean)

New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Princess Cruiselines - Good/Bad? (in Mediterranean)

Anyone travel on a Princess ship in the Mediterranean?

If so, can you comment on your experience, both good and bad with regard to the ship (food, service, staff, itinerary, etc) and also anything else you think might be helpful.

My husband and I are considering a cruise for the first time (we had been adverse to it for years because we prefer to travel within a country instead of on a cruise). We thought the Mediterranean would offer a more unique experience rather than in the Caribbean.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Cruiselines - Good/Bad? (in Mediterranean)

Princess is fine. We did a Med cruise several years ago on the Grand Princess. Have also traveled on other Princess ships. I always do a comparison w/ Princess when I am looking for a cruise but find that they are more expensive for some cruises than Celebrity (especially for the Med).

If your first cruise is doing the Med, then you will find it such a wonderful experience. I always say that you can do the Caribbean anytime but the Med is such an awesome experience.

We prefer to do Med cruises in the fall because the weather is usually very nice at that time of year and it's less crowded. The Med cruises typically do not have a lot of children on them either at that time because they have gone back to school.

We just did a Med cruise with Celebrity in the fall of '05 and it was such a wonderful cruise. We went Rome to Rome and visited Naples, Sicily, French Riviera (Monaco, Nice), Mykonos and Santorini, Greece; Genoa. The ports were fabulous. This was our 2nd Med cruise and we are booked for our 3rd in the fall.

Med cruises are more expensive with the euro conversion but are well worth what you will see. It is truly an educational experience.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you want any additional advice.

May

CA
Level Contributor
113 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Cruiselines - Good/Bad? (in Mediterranean)

We have done two Med cruises on Princess. We have enjoyed them immensely. Princess is an upper mid price and that fits with our personalities. We much prefer to have a balcony. It makes all the difference in the world. I'd pick the cruise by the ports of call and make sure you go a few days early to enjoy your first few days in that port.. You can make the arrangements on your own or with a travel agent. The Princess packages are usually more expensive. We usually use the Princess Air especially if we are not coming back to the original port. The prices are good and you don't have to worry if there is a delay. Enjoy...

3. Re: Princess Cruiselines - Good/Bad? (in Mediterranean)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:17