We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

Hiya, we're going on an ocean village cruise on 26 july 07 from crete. first week is temples & tavernas itinerary, followed by olives & ouzo. If anyone has any hints or tips on the ship or especially recommendations on what to do at the ports of call. (Heraklion - Crete, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Cephalonia, Katakolon, Athens, Limassol - Cyprus, Rhodes, Ephesus - Turkey, Mykonos and Santorini.) Either independantly or on any tours that would be great. Thankyou.

Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

Hi we are going on the same cruise in 2 weeks so when we return I will hopefullu be able to answer your questions.!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

Sounds like were on the same cruise.

Were having week in Crete from June 28th followed by cruise.

Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

Yes it will be the same cruise! although we are doing 2 weeks from the 28th. Have you cruised before? this will be our first and I am a little apprehensive as to whether it will suit me,but you never know until you try so we are giving it a go!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

Yes, this will be our 3rd cruise. We done Ocean Village Carribean last winter and also a Thomson Cruise a couple of years ago. We loved Ocean Village, informal and great for families (we've an 8yo boy).

We enjoyed La Luna restaurant but I recommend booking early, didn't try the bistro. Let me know if you've any questions re the boat and I'll try and answer.

Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

We have 2 boys aged 10 and 18 travelling with us! We are wondering which shore excursions to book or whether to go ashore under our own steam as we have travelled independently quite a lot.

We were also wondering whether to take some wine onboard with us,do they search your luggage when you embark?

Maybe the younger lads can get together?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

We will likely do most if not all destinations on our own. Certainly Santorini can quite easily be done independantly.

I wouldn't recommend taking alcohol on board as hand luggage is scanned and sometimes searched. However drink prices onboard are pretty reasonable, comparable with normal UK pub prices. Plus you can take your wine from bar to bar on board, or store it overnight in your fridge and take it out with you the next day (my wife likes this idea very much).

Yes, sounds like a good idea for the boys to get together, makes our lives easier. Kids Club onboard is very good, open from 9am till 11pm approx. Older kids can come and go of their own accord, not sure from what age though.

7. Re: ocean village cruises temples & tavernas, olives & ouzo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 20:17