We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise for the 1st time with children

Shrewsbury, Ma
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
cruise for the 1st time with children

Hello we are traveling next November on the serenades of the seas doing the southern caribbean, can someone please give next advise of what to do or what not to do . we all love snorkeling and anything to do with nature. Our stops are St.Thomas,St Maarten, Antigua,St Lucia and Barbados. your help will be appreciated thank you drgjr61@aol.com

Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise for the 1st time with children

Hi - that was our first cruise - we went on the Serenade in Feb 2006 with our kids and absolutely LOVED it!! They are still asking when we can go back on that cruise. We (well my husband and two oldest ages 9 and 7 at the time) snorkeled on St. Thomas, Antigua and Barbados. The kids had never been snorkeling before and my husband was pretty inexperienced too so we wanted places where you could snorkel from shore. I stayed on the beach with our youngest. On St. Thomas we took a cab to Sapphire Beach for the day. On Antigua we went to Long Bay beach (sometimes called Pineapple beach too because the Pineapple beach hotel is there). I'm not 100% sure of the beach on Barbados, I think it was Payne's Bay - I know the cab driver dropped us off at a bar called the Blue Monkey and the beach was on the other side of it. We stayed on the ship at St. Maarten and St. Lucia so I can't help with those. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have. It is an absolutely beautiful ship - our kids had a blast in the Adventure Ocean kids club and I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful time!

Katie

Glasgow
Level Contributor
943 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise for the 1st time with children

In Barbados go and visit Harrisons Cave if you've got time, spectacular.

3. Re: cruise for the 1st time with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 06:18