We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in new york city

cincinnati
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay in new york city

we are taking a cruise out of new york on october 14th. we are flying in on the 13th.arriving at 11am.

we have never been to new york and need to know of some reasonable lodging for one night. since weare arriving early on the 13th, we thought we might try to do some sightseeing.

we need help in all areas.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,272 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in new york city

You really need to go to the NEW YORK CITY forum to ask this question and read all the hotel reviews et.c You need to tell th efolks what you rprice range is(its an expensive place) and go from there.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in new york city

I would recommend that you post on the New York site, too.

As you can imagine, there are a zillion places to stay in Manhattan. We were in your shoes last year and stayed at the Muse. Good location, but nothing special. You'll find all of the main hotel chains, and even the cheaper versions - like Marriott Courtyard.

Generally - stuff is way expensive. You won't have much time to sight see, but a good romp in the afternoon and another in the morning will be fun.

princeton,nj
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in new york city

Hotel 57.

Scotland
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in new york city

We stayed in Edison Hotel, not the most luxurious, but location was fantastic - literally steps from Times Square which is walking distqance to so many sights, or hop on hop off bus just round corner. Definately not the posh end but location could not be beat!

Wilson, North...
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in new york city

I would go for the Edison also. It is so convenient. Close to the cheap tix booth for Broadway plays.

deerfield,illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in new york city

stay at the roosevelt hotel. many movies have been filmed there. the most recent"maid in manhattan". it's in a great location. can walk all over,theater district, rockefeller center,grand central station is right down the block. fifth ave. is right there near. i could go on forever. try to get tickets for a show that night.

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in new york city

I also recommend the Roosavelt, I stayed there for my 25th wedding anniversary several years ago. Good location for sightseeing, very nice hotel.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in new york city

For "reasonable" lodging in Manhattan, I always use Priceline and anything in midtown 4 stars is a winner.

deerfield,illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in new york city

priceline is great, but most hotels will match the price of discounters if you call them directly. they want your business. the one thing i would emphacize in new york is to stay in mid-town, you then can walk to more than you can ever see in one day and reduce and taxi,sub-way fees.

United States
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in new york city

We were able to get a room at the Marriott Marquis right in Time Square for just under $300 a night, but we booked far enough in advance that we got the AAA rate.