We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Caribbean

McLeansville, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Caribbean

I would love to get peoples experiences with Royal Caribbean. We are taking our first cruise in either March or May. I just want to get an iead of what to expect. How are the regular rooms?...non suite. Do you think three people can fit in one?

Canada
Level Contributor
884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Caribbean

just returned from a 3 day Royal Caribbean cruise, on the Majesty of the Seas...

regular rooms are 111 square feet, NO WINDOWS...

I found this really really cramped... and at the very least, next time we'll splurge for a room w/ a window!

Three people CAN fit in one room, there are 2 twin beds, and a bunk bed... don't expect too much room for your luggage, and the bathroom is SUPER SUPER SMALL...

little bit of a bigger room would probably be better for 3 people... that's just my opinion...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Caribbean

you say March or May, which tells me you haven't booked yet. Warning...it's best to book at least 6 months in advance, in order to get the room accomodations you prefer. You may be down to taking whatever is left available at this late date.

That said, we have cruised Royal Carribean-Radiance of the Seas, and LOVED it. LOVED IT! Beautiful ship, lots of glass windows for views, even the elevators, are all glass...and the service was the best of any cruise we've been on to date. As for the size of the rooms, we have fit three in a room, when the third was our 10 yr old son. If you mean 3 adults, I'd say you are going to feel cramped. Luckily though, you aren't in your room that often : )

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Caribbean

The regular rooms are not that big. You are not in the rooms that much except to sleep or at least we were. RCL is the best cruise line out there. The treatment is fantastic and the food is excellent. I have sailed on several lines and RCL is the best.

Canada
Level Contributor
884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Caribbean

FYI-

we booked 1 month in advance, no problems... and were able to get a sell off price...

2-3 weeks after we booked, there was still availability for the same cruise, as we were looking into it for our friends to join us...

so I don't know that its an accurate statement to say that you must book 6 months in advance, unless you need a specific room....

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Caribbean

They usually recommend 6 months in advance if you are looking for a ocean-view or balcony especially since these usually sell out pretty quickly. If you wait for the last minute you have to take what is available. We have done both many times. It all depends on what you are looking for in a certain cruise. We just booked the Voyager last week for the week of Feb. 17. Sometimes you can get a good deal for the last minute cause they want to sell out and they sell the inside a lot cheaper than at the beginning.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Caribbean

Hi,

We've just booked our 4th Royal Caribbean cruise. Which ship/itinerary are you thinking of?

We've been on Explorer to the western Caribbean, Voyager to the Med, Freedom to the eastern caribbean and just booked Serenade for Alaska.

RCI is the only cruise line we've been on but we found that it suited us and so we keep going back. If you can afford it I would recommend a stateroom with a balcony expecially if there are 3 of you - it's like having an extra room.

If you have any questions just let me know

Andrea

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Caribbean

Its important to remember that cruise ship cabins are all quite small when you are looking at 'non-suite' catagories.

I am a Platinum member of the Crown and Anchor Society (frequent cruiser) so have quite a bit of experience with RCCL.

Even the most elaborate cabins pale when compared to a hotel on land.

Try to remember that the cabin is mainly your 'base of operations', used for sleeping, showering and changing.

Suggest Royal Caribbean mostly because of the overall superior quality of service.

Carnival's cabins are noticably a bit bigger, but they are somewhat not as good service-wise overall as RCCL.

This can be subjective, but that's my feeling.

Check the "VacationstoGo' website for some outstanding deals on cruises.

This site, and others like it will be able to get you the cabin and itinerary you would like at a reasonable price.

Have a great time!

Minnesota...
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Caribbean

Our experience with RC has been very good!! My husband and I, my parents and extended family just returned from a 4 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. It was a great experinece.

Between the of us that went, we have probably been on over 10 different cruise lines and I am sure well over 20 different cruises. All of us were very happy with the ship (Enchantment of the Seas), considering it was a shorter cruise, which normally means a less impressive ship.

The rooms varied from an inside room (which my husband and I had) to a balcony room.

They were all small rooms, but all cruise ships have small rooms, with the exception of the largest suites.

I think that 3 people can easily fit in one room. But you do need to have the correct expectations for the size of a room. You also need to realize that you are not going to be spending much time in your room. If you are the type of person that does spend a lot of time in your room, I don't know if cruising is for you. My suggestion would be to definatley go with a balcony room or suite, if you do plan on spending any time in your room.

I love to cruise and would highly recommend doing so. My favorite line is RC, but I have never been on a Princess or Celebrity line yet. I hear the average age of the cruiser on those lines can are higher than some of the others.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Caribbean

how are the restrooms?? Are they like the ones on an airplane??? just curious... first time cruiser!!! thanks........

Minnesota...
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Caribbean

The restrooms are small. Larger than airplane restrooms, but definately not the size of an average restroom.

Just expect it to be the size of an airplane restroom and then you will be pleasantly surprised!