We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

ESSEX
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

Going in July, thinking of taking private excursions in St Petersburg, has anyone else done this, or thinking of doing this, would be nice to hook up with others, rather than just the two of us.

Thanks, Jenny.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

I strongly suggest you look for a roll call sister site Cruise Critic. "Roll calls" are internet threads for people cruising on the same ship at the same time.

You must create an account with screen name and email in order to view them. Once you do, you'll find P&O roll calls here:

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

While small private tours are preferable to big ones, it isn't always possible to assemble a group. If this happens to you, consider touring with Denrus. They have set tours ("value excursions") you can join at much lower cost than ship's own:

http://www.denrus.ru/valueex.html

Good luck. My trip to this beautiful city was on an overland trip, not a cruise, but it's still one of my favourite cities in the world. I'm itching to get back.

Bradenton, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

Took the Baltic cruise on Princess last summer( August), weather was perfect, speak with your Princess cruise advisor, they had a separate 2 day excursion to St Petersburg which was not directly with Princess, but it was much better as it was a private tour with only 8 others, no lines, and about the same price. I think that it was either the Crown Princess or the Grand Princess, this was our second cruise with them, everything was handled very well, could not have been more pleased with the trip.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

I had read it is not at all easy to do private excursions in St Petersburg as you need a Russian visa.That is unless you are in a previously registered tour party.Haven't been there myself though.

I see there have been released today some handsome price reductions on the Holland America 12 nights cruise to the Baltic from Dover,England.See website of Iglu Cruises if interested.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

Wirral, you need a visa to wander on your own. However, as long as you have a tour booked with a legitimate guide - either ship's own or private - no worry about visas.

5. Re: Baltic Cruise, P&O, July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 09:18