We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Pearl

Adelaide
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pacific Pearl

Hi I havent heard many good things about the Pacific Pearl. Please give me any positive / negative feedback. Would be much appreciated. Going on family holiday. In Particular entertainment and food. Thanks

bundeena
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Pearl

Hi as you have had no replies I will advise .We went on Pacific Jewel in April and

found every thing expensive a glass of cheap wine $7 beer $5.50 coctails fromon deck from $9 in the nice indoor bars from about $10 to $20 dollars bingo $5 a game double what you think you will spend.Take sea sickness tablets lots of people sick including myself. Cruising is not for me.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
883 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Pearl

Hello,

Have a look at this topic: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294129-i4307-k389… Pacific Pearl/Jewel/dawn offer very similar experience.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific Pearl

Hi, am doing my first cruise next year as mentioned on one of the "pacific cruisers" in other posts, for a first time which would be the best one, the Pearl or Jewel,

I understand from the above they are similar, however for a first timer which one, any info would be great as my head is spinning.

Cheers

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacific Pearl

Hi,

I have only been on one cruise - the Pacific Jewel in July / August. I was a bit stunned by all the up selling that went on. But you don't have to succumb and buy a whole heap of things you'd never buy at home. If you are not a big drinker, it won't sting too much. I enjoyed a good coffee everyday and that was a bit cheaper than I normally pay. Wine can be drunk over a couple of dinners. Not sure about beer. Don’t be tempted to take some on as it shows in the x ray and they confiscate it and return it at the end of the voyage.

Definitely don't buy the tours on board. Get them as you get ashore. Just use the ship brochures as background info.

No one on my cruise got sick as far as I could tell, but I understand that back in April it was very choppy, where as in July the sea was a purring pussycat. We left in the -5C cold weather and it got progressively warmer with each day as we went north - wonderful.

The evening shows were really surprisingly professional and highly recommended.

I read the whole forum on first time cruises on the pacific Jewel and it was invaluable. The rest you will pick up quickly enough.

best of luck!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacific Pearl

SD1, Thank you so much your feedback has been great.

Cheers

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacific Pearl

Have just booked the Pacific Pearl, Pacific Senstation Cruise for next October for 10 nights, it stops at Isle of Pines, Mystery Islands, Mare, Noumea and then to Sydney. This is my first cruise every, thanks to everyone on this and other posts for feedback.

Any tips on cruising, the Pacific Pearl or the Islands name would be great.

Thanks once again

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pacific Pearl

Hi

We have just cruised on Pacific Pearl from Sydney to Auckland and we quite loved the cruise and the trip itself. Here is my feedback on it.

escape.stills360.com/cruising-the-tasman/

But please note that there will be rough seas in this particular trip. Our last night was more of a roller coaster ride! Otherwise the cruise itself, on-board facilities and the staff were all amazing!

I am about to write another post on must haves and musn't haves for cruise trip, so watch this space :)

Canberra
Level Contributor
15 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pacific Pearl

Thanks, we go on the Pearl in 5 weeks, this was very interesting for us, look forward to more,

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pacific Pearl

TishAustralia, any feedback from your trip would be great am going on the Pacifi Pearl in October.

Cheers

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
520 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pacific Pearl

Just booked Pacific Pearl for June 2012. Found some info on site called cruisecritic.

Tracey.