We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ventura

Belfast
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Topic
Ventura

Just off Rccl navigator and going on P&O 19th Nov do they allow you to carry on any drinks? this is our first cruise with P&O I know Rccl do not allow any at all. Any feed back on this ship would be great.

nuneaton.uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ventura

Hello

No need to carry on drinks on the Ventura as spirits by the bottle are dirt cheap,

£12 for 2 litre bottles and you can take them to your cabin,not a problem..

But you can also buy ashore and take on board.

Slip some small cans of mixers in your hold baggage.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ventura

Dunmurry is back by now. How did it go Dunmrry????

port talbot
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ventura

going on the ventura april 15th canary isle any tips as to shore excertions

tips on board, and do you have to pay for breakfast in your cabin

thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ventura

What ports of call ?

I assume the usual, Lanzarote, Madeira, Tenerife etc... we just did that itinery so can help if you let me know ports.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ventura

Hi sorry this is late,

but was not impressed with P&O the food was nowhere near as good as celb or Rccl , it was quite a noisy cruise with fighting over sunbeds so we are back on Rccl in may and will be looking for Rccl for our Caribbean cruise in nov

port talbot
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ventura

hi the ports are virgo,madeira,la palma,tenirefe, grand canaria,oporto

is the cruise terminal close to the town to walk and could you advise sites to see and ay thing else you could advise us on we would be grateful for

thank you

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ventura

I cant help you with Oporto but here are my short reviews of the others :

Vigo

Not much in Vigo really, a nice fort at the top of a large hill with spectacular views. Its not walk able if you aren't fit, trust me. A lot of steps. They have also made a reconstruction of an Iron / Bronze Age settlement that they have unearthed at the site. The usual shops etc. We have seen it now, we probably wouldn't return.

Lanzarote

I am rating Lanzarote a 3/5 as the port itself, Arrecife, is not much to write home about. It's a bit of a walk from port to town centre and so having been there a lot before we took a very cheap cab to Costa Teguise, the next town down the coast.

Cab cost 7 Euro one way.

Costa Teguise is absolutely idyllic, pedestrianised sea front, gorgeous beach, excellent weather and cheap beer ! What more could you ask for ?

Possibly our best day of the entire cruise.

Tenerife

Ahhh, Tenerife, one of the most driest and pleasant places on earth.

IT RAINED. HARD. All day !

Hired a cab driver to take us on a tour of the north and west sides of the island, got to La Laguna, a world heritage site supposedly and was totally under whelmed, mind you it was bucketing down with rain and I was dressed suitably for the occasion in t-shirt and shorts..... it was sunny when I got off the boat !

Then we went to Puerto De La Cruz ( with several stops along the way such as La Oratava ) and had a really good afternoon watching massive waves crash against the sea defences.

Wandered the town, had a little drink, people watched.

A good day despite the rain.

Las Palmas

Again, been here before so decided to take a ships excursion round the island for the morning. Not very good.

Got back to Las Palmas lunchtime, and walked into town, it has a nice long beach area, shops and bars etc.

Also an amazing science museum type place :)

Madeira (Funchal)

Madeira, what a beautiful island.

Gorgeous, stunning, exceptional.

Once again we did our usual and haggled a taxi driver who gave us the most brilliant island tour. For 100 Euro Gabriel the driver took 4 of us on an extensive trip, we even tipped generously.

Saw the 2nd highest cliff in Europe, and hung off its edge... an amazing fishing village, a medieval church, some crazy people hurtling down the streets in wicker baskets ( one crashed into a car lol ) and still had time for the fish market and some shopping before we reluctantly set sail.

We will be back.

port talbot
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ventura

thanks very much for your time

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ventura

I'm going on that same cruise on 15th April!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ventura

I am looking to go on the P&O Ventura to the Caribbean in January 2014 for our friends Golden Wedding Ann.

We will book cabins next door to one another, can anyone tell me if the balcony door opens between the two cabins as it does on Princess, and which is the best side of the ship to be on Port or Starboard for the views and the sun. Are the drinks reasonably priced and similar to Thomsons. Can you order flowers on board. Can you buy Alcohol from the duty free on board and drink in your cabin.

Thankyou.