We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

Torquay, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

Has anyone traveled recently on an MSC SPLENDIDA cruise?

All comments welcome please.

We're booked on a Mediteranean cruise and have read some disturbing accounts.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

There are some recent threads on Splendida here on TA ... using the search box just above your post will bring them up.

I'm assuming that you've read the reviews on Cruise Critic. If you don't want to change your plans (or can't) then I would focus on the good reviews. If you go with low expectations, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised...but I would go with a positive attitude and plan to enjoy all of the good things about your cruise.

In future though, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, check the reviews before booking.

Hope you enjoy your cruise :)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

Hi,

The way I see a cruise is this : a lot of it can be what you make it.

MSC do get some criticism from reviewers, from what I read a lot of that is down to the fact that most passengers are not native English speakers. About 10% ish are I think, although this will obviously vary from cruise to cruise.

They have announcements in various languages and that also seems to grate with reviewers.

Of course some reviewers like to moan about anything and everything !

I have personal friends who were crew onboard MSC ships for many years, they dont have a 'downer' on MSC at all.

Here is a link to some reviews from cruise critic :

cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/…

If you let me know your dates I will have a look if there is a roll call for that sailing.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

Susan, you are too fast for me :)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

Not really ... we're both responding hours after the OP ... but we both just happen to have nothing better to do at the same time. I may have won on speed but you win for content :)

Edited: 11 November 2011, 20:29
birmingham uk
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

thank's for the link steven,,,,a mutch better review and some great info

iam booked for 17th dec and am looking forward to it,,,,

after all its what i make of it **

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

No problem.. i dont believe there is such a thing as a bad cruise !

:)

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

One piece of advice - remember you are going on a Italian ship. The vast majority of passengers are Italian, French and Spanish. Passengers can board at any port so it's very convenient for the Spanish who can board from Spain.

So It doesn't make sense to complain that Pasta and Risotto are always on the menu.

The Splendida is a beautiful ship and kept spotlessly clean and we had enjoyed our cruise on her.

8. Re: MSC Splendida mediteranean cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:17