We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to see/do in the Southern Caribbean

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
233 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Best things to see/do in the Southern Caribbean

We are going to be visiting Tortola, Philipsburg St. Maarten, Basseterrre St. Kitts, Roseau Dominica & Bridgetown Barbados via the Royal Caribbean Seranade of the Seas in March... I am very greatful to say that this is our 4th cruise and we will have now covered almost all of the Caribbean (Area's not Islands). With the cruises you only get such a short window of time to see the islands you really need to do your homework and know exactly what you want to do/see before you even get there so you can get the most out of it. With all of that being said, can anyone lend me your advice on what the best way is for us to make it a cruise we will always remember?

Just a little bit about us to help understand what we might like... Were both 28 yrs old, married, happy and healty. Traveling just the two of us (no kids yet, whoo hoo!)... We are very adventurous and love nature, beautiful beaches, tropical drinks & to have fun. We like to snorkel, see wildlife, explore. Were not huge fans of museums and old forts and stuff like that. I am very greatful to anyone that can help us make the most out of our trip... thank you!

Grant & Steph

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,529 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best things to see/do in the Southern Caribbean

Hi

I'm sorry I can't help you with those ports you're going to, however here is a link the Caribbean Ports of Call from the Cruise Critic site.

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Click on each of the ports that are pertinent to you and then do a search for private shore excursions or whatever you're interested in and all the threads with those words should be listed.

I've actually found some great guides recommended on this Board and am thankful for other cruisers sharing their Port experiences here.

Let us know how you got on and when you come back from your cruise, please write a cruise review for this forum so that future readers can benefit too.

2. Re: Best things to see/do in the Southern Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 10:23