We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carnival breeze

kent
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
carnival breeze

booked on the new ship end of august, really want to hear some reviews before we go good or bad!!"

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carnival breeze

As this is a very new ship, reviews are thin on the ground right now, 2 on cruise critic so far.

cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/…

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carnival breeze

We sailed on the Inauguagural cruise this month in the Med.and were in Venice before the cruise to see the ship sail into the area. The ship is beautiful - calm and tranquil colors. We had a Grand suite and it was large and quite comfortable. We had a set dining time in the Blush dining room at a table we had requested by a window. The wait staff performed most nights - singing and dancing :-) We had dinner in the Steak House and highly recommend it due to its ambiance, excellent food, and excellent service. John Heald is truly a funny person and quite an entertainer. You might want to follow his blog on Facebook to read about the cruises so far plus see photos. Some people were complaining about problems with their air conditioning in their rooms but we didn't have that issue. I'm not sure what you are interested in but overall the cruise was definitely good and we enjoyed ourselves.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1 post
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: carnival breeze

Just got back from the second Breeze cruise. We had a balcony room which was a good size compared to other cruises we have been on. The ship is lovely. The staff, especially the waiters were fantastic. The kids programming was great and our kids (12 and 16) had a blast.

The dining room food, indeed the food in general was very average, and I thought the shows were disappointing despite their high-tech backdrop.

I highly recommend the Indian Buffet though on the Lido Deck. Fantastic! We did not eat in the steakhouse but did try the Italian place for lunch which was OK except that the Basketball court is right above it!

The exercise facilities were superb. The Dive in Movies were fun too.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: carnival breeze

Just back from the Bahamas on the Breeze. The crew was very polite and always helpful and cheerful.

Beautiful ship, but it seemed to lack character, almost cookie cutter.

Getting on and off the ship was with relative ease.

We thought the food was just okay.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: carnival breeze

We just returned from the southern Caribbean cruise on the new Breeze. This is our 3rd cruise with Carnival and we enjoyed the trip a lot. We had reserved the back corner balcony room almost 2 yrs in advanced, mostly because of the picture that Carnival had on their website for this class of room. The room was not anything at all like the picture. We were expecting lots of windows with the beds on the inside wall facing the windows. Instead we almost fell into the beds as we opened the door and they were against the outside wall with only two small windows besides the balcony door in the room. I think this was the smallest sized room we have ever had on any of our cruises. Where the sofa was, you could barely squeeze past it and the foot of a bed to get to the balcony or bathroom. The wrap around balcony was huge but very narrow compared to some we have had in the past. And, the balcony area stayed fairly dirty with soot from the engines. Have never had this with previous rear facing balcony rooms. People from the rooms above us complained they actually had large pieces of soot fall into drinks they were having on their balconies. The ship itself is bright and beautiful. We found the food to be sort of average and the wait staff were understaffed for the amount of people on board so we waited a long time to receive meals. The 5D theater was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the areas of tables where you could sit and visit or play cards. The internet was horrible on board. We payed $119 for unlimited internet for the 8 day trip. Had a hard time sending email and lost some of them due to not being able to send or save the notes. We have used internet on other ships and not had this problem. Even the TV reception was spotty with the screens going blank for several seconds frequently. I would be sure to watch where you are booking a room because we were right above the Limelight nightclub. We could hear a little of the bass come into the room in the evenings, but the last 2-3 nights were especially loud and things were actually vibrating in our room. It usually quieted down around midnight. We did enjoy the cruise though and would definitely go with Carnival again although I'm not sure we would do another cruise with this ship. It is just really big and it was full with this trip so there were people everywhere.

Edited: 04 December 2012, 18:58
Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: carnival breeze

What did you do in the ports? We are going in two weeks and are having a hard time with La Romana. Also, in Aruba, are there jeep rentals at the pier?

Boston...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: carnival breeze

Going on Breeze in July. We are planning on doing the water park excursion at Atlantis. We are also stopping in Turks and Ochos Rios..Alot of the excursions are sooo expensive for a family of 5. It even looks like you have to pay per person to go to a beach. Are there beaches close to where you dock that dont cost and arm and a leg....

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: carnival breeze

When we went on Breeze we did somewhat different ports. We missed Grand Turk due to high winds, but in my research I found that there is a beach and Margaritaville right where you dock. We were just going to walk over to the beach and plop down. Grand Turk is really small. I have been to Ocho Rios on a previous cruise. You can climb down Dunn River Falls (family friendly) which is really fun it ends at the beach and then you walk back up on a path. This should be a cheap option for you. Second, check out cruisecritic.com they have so much information on ports, etc. Last thing...don't book excursions through cruise ship....do it independently by going to the ports' web sites it is sooo much cheaper. You will like the Breeze, it is a really nice ship. We went during xmas vaca with our two girls and it did not feel crowded at all. There are too spots on the ship that get choked w people, the area where the photos are and the buffet, but the buffet area is really big so if you find an area really crowded with lines go forward or back in the buffet and you will find serving stations with the same exact food completely empty of people. Hope you have great weather on your cruise!

Edited: 15 April 2013, 15:19
Connecticut
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: carnival breeze

I Agree- do your port excursions independent from the cruise line- you will save a lot.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: carnival breeze

Hello,

we do not pay for the excursions through the ships - many times you can get the same off the ship for a lot less. There is a free beach in Nassau, but not to nice - we go the the Brittish Hilton hotel - walking distance - and for $5 we get hotel priveldges of the pool and their private beach and restuarant - very nice.