We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European river cruise without tours/excursions?

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
European river cruise without tours/excursions?

Hello,

I have looked up a number of companies offering European river cruises and all of their itineraries seem quite "regimented" - ie. there are set tours/excursions for each day. I would much prefer to do my own exploring. Does anyone know of a company offering European river cruises without set activities for each day, or which allows you to opt out of the daily tours for a discount?

Thanks so much!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European river cruise without tours/excursions?

Don't know of any but you are not required to take any of the included tours. Many people start out with the tour and then go off on their own. I doubt if you will get a discount but you can always ask at booking time.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: European river cruise without tours/excursions?

I think Luftner has some that you can DIY

3. Re: European river cruise without tours/excursions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 10:15