We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Messina and Kusadasi

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Messina and Kusadasi

Hiya,

I am going on a cruise calling at the above two ports later this month. I don't want to do the Royal Carribean excursions and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to organise my own excursions.

Thanks

Alice

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Messina and Kusadasi

Hi, Alice,

Welcome to Trip Advisor!

Messina is very close to Taormina in Sicily. Our group took a train to Taormina. My husband and I took the bus and that didn't work well. I would suggest taking a taxi. It will be faster and give you more time for sightseeing.

Also consider going to Cruise Critic (http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com) and signing up for your roll call for your ship by date. There you will find fellow cruisers, exchange information, and possibly share some excursions such as this one. You can also find information about ports.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,413 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Messina and Kusadasi

Check out the Ports of Call boards for Europe, etc. on CruiseCritic for info on the different ports, tours, prices, etc. Here is the link for the European ports (which includes Kusadasi for sure) : boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Also - check out your roll call/ Meet & Mingle on CC - lots of people on there that would be able to help with private tours, etc. You may be able to join their tours if they need more people too. you can find your roll call here:

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Scroll down and find your ship, then scroll through and find your sailing. If you want to post questions, you will have to register (free) but can browse without registering.

Enjoy!

3. Re: Messina and Kusadasi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:18