We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Majesty

Piraeus, Greece
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Thomson Majesty

Thomson Majesty leaving Piraeus Port:

http://youtu.be/fFQ663LkaB0

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Majesty

Hi All,

we are due on the Majesty in June 2013 for a 2 week cruise and stay holiday,the reviews seem to be mixed on the ship!

We are new to this type of holiday and are geting a little concerned by what we read!!

are things that bad?

Please advise

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Majesty

If you haven't been on a cruise before you have nothing to compare Majesty with.Therefore I think you will enjoy your holiday- cruise and stay.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Majesty

We have been on 3 Thomson cruise ships and this was the best we got back last week. I read the reports before we went but as I always do I take them with a pinch of salt. The food was amazing the staff outstanding we would have to think hard for anything to complain about. While on board one man was moaning that there should be food 24 hours a day because they were changing the food buffet from afternoon tea to evening meal even though there was food at the other end of the deck. The cabins are basic but we only used it to change and sleep in as there was plenty to do and see. There was 6 in our party from 19 to over 50 and everyone of us loved the holiday and are looking to going back on this ship next year.

manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Majesty

Hi ,we to are going on Majesty in June when i booked it it seemed a good idea but i keep reading reports and sometimes i am not sure i have done the right thing,we have cruised before a number of times and 2 cruises with Thomsons both a long time ago so we are like Thomson virgins again.The thing that drew me to book this cruise was the fab itinerary, i love the glittzy ships but they cost much more so i would say price as well. We go on the 7th June for 2week cruise and we are looking forward to it at the end of the day its what you make of it as well so just go and enjoy.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Majesty

Hi, if this is your first ever cruise then I would not recomend it, this ship does more damage to the cruise industry than the sinking of the Costa Concordia,

It's old, very old, it was originally the Norwegian Majesty, it ran aground off Canada on its maiden voyage and was overwhelmed by a freek wave in the med around 2008 (you tube it and you can see the wave hit) it killed two people and that pretty much sets the tone of the tub, it normally plods along at 10 knotts and is an emabaressment.

pay a bit more and start of with a P&O or NCL, anything bar this thing.

oh, we did a Canary cruise over new year 2013.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Majesty

as if being hit by a wave or running aground are anything to do with the question? it appears that you just wanted to rubbish thomson steve.

manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Majesty

We have cruised about 10 cruises in all first 2 on Thomson Emerald a bit of a dump but we had a fab time,we have done P&O about 3 times liked them but they have problems too we have done FO again very good but small old ships like Thomson we have also done NCL (never again) they are the pits also done Star Cruises (far east) not to my taste but lovely ship so we have tried a few and that's why I say I prefare glitzy ships.But we compared this cruise with Princess Ruby which is a glitzy nearly new ship but it was much more (a lot) expensive and not quiet as good an itinerary so we chose Majesty if we don't like it we won't cruise on it again we don't worry that much about things like that unless the ship is dirty no reports on that score so should be ok .Have already booked a Princess cruise for 2014 so do like to try different options .

8. Re: Thomson Majesty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 20:05
whitehaven
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Majesty

hi, this is our first cruise on the majesty, going july 2013, the reviews dont bother me as i like to make my own mind up, what i would like to find out is a bit more about the captains night please.

manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Majesty

Have just posted on Captains Night so it's on here x