We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 1st cruise

jtesagain
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
My 1st cruise

I am going (along with my wife and 16mo old daughter and my brother and his fam) on the Royal Carribean Explorer of the Seas to the Bahamas in April 13. Just wondering what people's feelings are about the boat, cruises in general, cruising to the Bahamas, or any tip/suggestions/observations. Thanks

John

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 1st cruise

My very first cruise was on the Explorer of the Seas and I must say that the service was the best I have ever had since....even better than the QM2! She is a beautiufl ship with lots of entertainment and activities. Have a great time!

jtesagain
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My 1st cruise

That's the #1 thing I've heard; great service. That's excellent. Thank you for the info.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 1st cruise

For much more detailed information, check out CruiseCritic.

Here is the link to the reviews for Explorer of the Seas: cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/…

Here is the link to the Royal Caribbean board/forum where there is untold amounts of info regarding the line, the ship itself, policies and practices, etc. boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

also, I would recommend you sign up for your roll call - it's a great chance to "meet" others who will be on the same sailing with you. There are often cabin crawls, meet and greets, etc that you can join in also to mingle with fellow cruisers. Also - loads of cruise regulars on there who can aswer your questions about tours, etc. boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php… simply scroll through till you find your sail date and join in.

You will have to register (free) if you want to post, but if you just want to browse and read, no need to register.

And lastly, check out the port of call boards: boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58 Loads of info about the Bahamas, tours, taxi rates, what to see (and miss) etc.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! It's a great way to travel!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 1st cruise

If your first cruise is on a Royal Caribbean ship you will be hooked on cruising.They do nickle and dime you but so do most cruise lines.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 1st cruise

the Explorer is GREAT! I love that ship, Royal does a great job to entertain families, your teenager will be very entertained in their teen zone and their adult only areas if you want some quiet, and yes, you'll get hooked on cruising, have fun and Bon Voyage!

6. Re: My 1st cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:16