We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompson Majesty

Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Thompson Majesty

Has anyone had the misfortune to travel on this ship in the aft cabins on deck 4? Just returned from a cruise from hell, literally had no sleep for a week, took a decibel reading in the cabin and it maxed at a 100 and averaged 83 coupled with violent vibration making it difficult to move around. No help from management and a pathetic offer of £250 compensation. A number of fellow passengers suffered equally and declined the generous offer! If you have had this experience please be in touch as I am preparing a case for compensation. I believe conditions like these would be illegal under the Geneva Convention for POW's let alone paying passengers

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thompson Majesty

hi I sailed Majesty in June we were deck 4 mid ship and we had it lucky , I could feel only slight vibration but being a light sleeper it did effect the quality of sleep so I can fully understand how horrendous it must have been for you , I had many issues with the quality of the cruise and made my feelings very clear to those at the top but I did not even get an apology . If you read the reviews for Majesty most are very positive this I find difficult to understand . Have you tried asking your question on Cruise.co.uk and cruisecritic.com ?

Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thompson Majesty

I agree this ship is of poor quality and the "management" don't give a damn but the general crew very good and sympathetic. I took decibel readings in our cabin that maxed at 100 and averaged between 74 and 86 which are dangerous to health! Several others suffered at the back end too, offered £250 compensation which I think is insulting and refused it. Thanks for your reply

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thompson Majesty

hi sailing in Feb cabin 483, please advice

Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thompson Majesty

Don't think you will have any problems, it is the last few cabins aft that have a staggering amount of noise. I think 483 was further forward hope you have a great cruise.

Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thompson Majesty

Don't think you will have any problems, it is the last few cabins aft that have a staggering amount of noise. I think 483 was further forward hope you have a great cruise.

Had a look at deck plan you are forward of our cabin 4996, I think you will get some noise and a little vibration but I don't think it be too bad at all and perfectly OK. Hope your cruise better than ours which was a nightmare!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thompson Majesty

Thanks a lot.

devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thompson Majesty

To anyone heading for the Majesty cruise ship, here is my view - my friend & i went for a week from the 15th March 2013.i am not saying all the reviews you have been reading are untrue, sure there can be engine noise, yes there are the odd problems that you will get just like in a hotel but look past all that - the crew are all amazing, they bend over backwards to help, the Majesty entertainment group are truly fantastic, do not miss them each night (they do the show twice) & the resident Muzzik band had amazing talent. the food really cant be complained about, 2 restaurants (3 if you want to pay £19.00 for a meal) & a buffet with other food stations all over deck 10. you can do a drinks package but we are not really drinkers so settled for a couple of cocktails a few of the nights - Alex makes the best by the way in the small bar on the side by the 2 restaurants. we booked the cheapest inside cabin twin beds but when we got there it was an inside double bed. i asked nicely & they told us to wait until 9pm but we left & went back 5pm & Lana took us to a cabin with a window 2 single beds & we were delighted. other than this we had no problems & although i am a vegan traveller there was so much food for me to eat i came back ready for a diet :) this ship is good value for money & please please go with an open mind & take whole picture of what you are getting for a few minor problems. if you do not like noise then take ear plugs (the small amount of noise never bothered us) or leave a radio on low. we were on deck 7 (the promenade) so had unrivalled views of the sea but i was told deck 8-9 has restricted views with the lifeboats. the destination stops were at times a little way out from the city/town but if you are unable to walk far you can either stay on board or take taxis & busses that are readily available right outside the ship, of course there are excursions too. we went on one & it was good value & a great few hours. i was dubious of this (our first cruise) because of the reviews but believe it lived above anything i expected. wifi is expensive so if you can avoid it do...they have a film each night that is shown several times if you have bad weather or just want an night in. all in all good value for money & a great ship & staff... from the kitchen & cleaning staff to the ships captain. we would go again for sure. hope this helps anyone going. please ask if i can help anyone further. :) please do go with an open mind.....

manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thompson Majesty

Hi Devonjohnson, thanks for your review sound good and honest,we are on her in June cant wait.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thompson Majesty

We sailed on the Majesty this April ...absolutely BRILLIANT!

We were on deck 8 three cabins back from the bridge, NO NOISE what so ever fabulous, the whole crew from cleaners, waiters to entertainers and officers were 1st class

Having been on 20 cruises I always keep away from steerage class cabins at the back of the ship (been there done that) terrible!!!!!

You get what you pay for...pay for the upgrades or don't complain.

Can't wait for the next cruise.

Eddie Clarke

Swindon, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thompson Majesty

Just got back from a wonderful two week cruise on the Thomson Majesty and what a delight the crew were, we were at first a little disappointed with the cabin size in relation to the Spirit but after they changed our bed from a double to two singles everything was great. we only went to two shows and that was to see the very funny Maurice Grumbleweed, the rest of the time it was the very entertaining Budapest duo and other bands.

We were on deck 8 cabin number 894, the two housekeepers were Helen and Grace and they went the extra mile in my mind, the bar crew were all great but a special mention to Lana who I think will go a long way with her dedication to the job, and the assistant bar manager but sorry forgot her name. We ate at both restaurants and the food was great as was the wine. The cruise was the Aegean and the Adriatic and we fell in love with Dubrovnik, Venice not so impressed but then someone else may love it, hope this will help you.