We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

Freehold, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

Hello everyone, I'm flying into San Juan for a New Years cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. I can't decide on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas or the Celebrity Summit ship. Can someone in the know guide me to the right ship? It will be me, my wife and 2 older sons. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

Hi Michael C,

Welcome to the forums.

The Support Forum is for general support in using the site itself, its features, and answering "how do I?" questions.

I'd suggest posting on the Cruises Forum. There should be some members in that forum able to assist with your travel plans. You may want to bookmark that forum as it's the only one that's not on the main forum list. Here's the link to the forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.h…

To find a destination forum, you can enter the name of the city and the word "forum" in the search box top right (above the green bar): e.g. Paris Forum. To find a list of the forums, type forum in the box and you'll see a link to all of the forums including the Beyond Destination forums.

Have a good trip.

Regards,

L4

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

Hi Michael C,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Cruises forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Freehold, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

Thanks. I did just that.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

We just got home from a 7 day southern Caribbean Cruise on the summit. We were on RC Freedom of the Seas 2 years ago. Our impression is that RC has more nightlife options which might be what you are looking for in a new years cruise. Be prepared for longer lines and more kids running around. Celebrity has better food and generally better attention to details, but the nightlife ended at midnight. All the cool bars and coffee shops closed by then and the Revelations nightclub was empty by 12:15 even though the band was very good.

5. Re: Royal Caribbean Jewel vs. Celebrity Summit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:18