We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st march, Caribbean , ventura

fort william
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Anyone been on this ship recently?

blackpool
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

hiya, we have just booked this cruise last week, we have nt been on the Ventura before,

fort william
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Same here! We can't wait! Been on a Thomson cruise 5 years ago, but this one looks great!

blackpool
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Hiya, we had done thomson cruises and love the m, we went on P&O Oriana in January for 4weeks and loved it.we have only booked an inside cabin because we don t spend much time in the cabin and if you put the ships webcam channel on the tv you can tell what the weather is like. We booked this cruise because its my 60th birthday the week before we go so its a belated present. We are flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Just got back today from Barbados. It's a superb cruise with lots of islands to visit, great great food and really comfy beds and pillows. You can only smoke on the promenade deck starboard side and the pool decks same, or on your balcony. Cleanliness is top priority. Some weird things are charged, like a selection of films on the cabin TV, some are free, some not! No bathrobes unless you in a posh suite. Good luggage org as well. You check your bags in UK airport and see them again in the cabin. No even any immigration at the airport, you go stright to the ship from the aircraft steps. Great move from P&O and Princess used to do it too. All in all v v v acceptable cruise and I will be doing all in my power to return next year!

fort william
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Can't wait! So your luggage goes straight to ship? From plane?

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Yep, same with Thompson, great idea.

blackpool
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Hi, I think not having to get your own luggage off a carousel is fantastic and so is the coach coming to the plane to collect us.I have been told to put some shorts and tee shirts in our hand luggage as it could be a couple of hours till our cases arrive at our cabin.roll on 1st march

Edited: 19 January 2013, 22:42
fort william
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Will it be that hot? We will probably be leaving snow to go to barbados flight on the 1st of march

blackpool
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Hi, it better had be hot or I will be very upset. The weather is always in the 80s in the carribean.anyway bye for now I am off to the gym and a swim

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st march, Caribbean , ventura

Ventura is great ship. I enjoyed every minute. service excellent food

I went last march

Im trying the azura in a couple of weeks.

So hoping its as good.