We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navigator - Again!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Navigator - Again!!

I am pleased to say that at the weekend I booked a 7 night cruise for October on Royal Caribbean's 'Navigator Of The Seas'.

This will be me fourth Royal Caribbean cruise and third on 'Navigator'.

My last cruise was on 'Grandeur of The Seas' which, whilst a nice enough ship is not a patch on 'Navigator'.

Really looking forward to embarking 'Navigator' again.

north devon
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Hi we are doing eastern med on Navigator in April did you do eastern med and what were drink prices like on the ship please

north devon
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Hi we are going to eastern med on Navigator in April did you do eastern med and what were drink prices like on board ship thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navigator - Again!!

I am going on Royal Caribbean cruise (Navigator) in a couple of weeks time. Embark ship at Rome - booking is a package to include flight to/from Rome.

I am alarmed to discover that the flight to Rome is by Ryanair. They have form for cancelling flights at last minute and offering no compensation to passengers.

Have been on this type of cruise before and flights have been KLM or British Airways scheduled flights.

Royal Caribbean have obviously gone down the 'penny pinching' route. Shame on them!!

Has anyone else who has recently been on a cruise/flight package encountered this? Who is responsible if there is a cancellation or significant delay? Don't see Ryanair taking any responibility!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Shall be 'phoning Royal Caribbean looking for answers tomorrow.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Ryanair have a very good record for punctuality and fulfilment of their schedules. I think your prejudices are possibly unfounded.Ryanair flights are scheduled flights.They don't do charters.

The big danger is "Who booked your flights with Ryanair?". Ryanair do not recognise 3rd party bookings.You need a flight booking reference number for online check-in. Make sure you have this for outbound and inbound flights. And what baggage weight limit have you been charged for albeit via a 3rd party? 15kgs is no good for a cruise.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Too many unanswered questions. I assume Royal Caribbean booked but am not certain of this (may have been travel agent)

Don't know what the luggage allowance is and if I need to pay more for this at airport. As you correctly say, 15 kilos no use for a cruise.

My initial booking was direct from Glasgow - Ryanair do not fly from there - they fly from Edinburgh and Prestwick. Not clear from paperwork what departure airport is.

Shall hopefully get some answers from travel agents tomorrow. Have used Royal Caribbean several times before and it was stress free - but this time it looks like a nightmare in the making.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Do not pay for overweight baggage at the airport if flying with Ryanair.They will sting you.Prebook online and pay the extra for hold bags- you will need your booking ref no to do this. My guess is somebody has booked you from Prestwick.

As I said before no need to worry about Ryanair so long as you have the booking ref with which you can sort out all your extras,check-in online.They do get a lot of moans but if you abide by their rules they really are AOK. Too many people wittingly or not try to breach the rules and they get financial hits bigstyle.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Apart from uncertainty about weight, costs and so on I do not feel comfortable about flying on a Ryanair plane. There have been two recent Ryanair flights from Prestwick where unscheduled landings have had to be made to remove lager louts from the aircraft.

Not an ideal start to a cruise costing over one thousand pounds - not pennies.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Sorted!! Jet2.com direct from Glasgow to Rome.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
456 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Navigator - Again!!

Never had any problems on Jet2 flights, generous 22kg hold and 10kg cabin baggage. Enjoy your trip Jim.