We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomaon Majesty excursions

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Thomaon Majesty excursions

We are travelling on the Majesty end of this week on the Med cruise and would love to see more of some of the places we visit. Thomson do quite a lot of excursions but would be expensive if we do many of them. Can anyone recommend which are best or advise how easy it is to do our own thing at the different ports? thanks in advance

Babs - Leicester

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

Which ports of call on your cruise on Majesty starting this weekend? I have looked up her cruises and cannot find yours which presumably starts 19th April? Perhaps it is sold out.

Majesty is currently sailing in the Atlantic/Canary Islands region.

Please advise and I may be able to help you as I have cruised in the Med extensively (but not the Adriatic).

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

thanks for your quick reply! yes we start this Friday 19th, here is the itinery... be really grateful if you could help or advise.. We know Palma, Majorca quite well but the rest will be fairly new to us. thanks in advance

Day: 1Santa Cruz - TENERIFE

Day: 2 Las Palmas - GRAN CANARIA

Day: 3 At Sea

Day: 4 Casablanca - MOROCCO

Day: 5 Gibraltar - GIBRALTAR

Day: 6 Alicante - SPAIN

Day: 7 Palma - MAJORCA

Day: 8 Ajaccio - CORSICA

Day: 9 Livorno (for Florence and Pisa) - ITALY

Day: 10 Civitavecchia (for Rome) - ITALY

Day: 11 Naples - ITALY

Day: 12 Messina - SICILY

Day: 13 Dubrovnik - CROATIA

Day: 14 Kotor - MONTENEGRO

Day: 15 Corfu Town - CORFU

08:00

manchester
Level Contributor
346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

Sounds good have a fab time we go on her on 7th June :)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

I must say that overall it is a fascinating itinerary.I can help with some of the ports of call.I agree that especially on such a port-intensive cruise the cost of ship excursions can mount alarmingly. I would be selective,those ports that are DIY,those that are crying out for a well-organised excursion,those that aren't worth seeing because of the nuisance risk/factor eg in Morocco.

The best port for DIY is Ajaccio. The ship docks in the town and you walk off into a a lovely working city not totally given over to tourism.I suggest first having a look around the city centre,the shops,go for a coffee,admire the statues, the leafy squares and the architecture, the overwhelming Napoleon domination. By the time you have done that the lines for the open topped bus tours and road train tours will have subsided so you won't waste time queueing. A lovely place and you won't ever be more than 5 miles away from the ship.

Santa Cruz,Tenerife.You can walk from the ship to the drab city centre.

Dubrovnik.Make your own way into the walled city which is now overtaken by tourists.

Livorno.You can do your own trip to Pisa or Florence (Firenze it is called locally) easy enough but you have to be resourceful.Ship shuttle to town centre,public bus to train station,train to either Pisa or Firenze.You won't manage both in one day.Pisa is a comfortable time fit.Trouble with Florence is your own trip requires detailed pre-planning and I suspect you aren't into that.

Civitavecchia. The town/port is drab.You really can't be that close to Rome without seeing Rome so I would pay the exorbitant price for one of the ship's excursion.It is a long way to Rome from Civi.

I hope this helps.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

thanks, I'm sure we will! I'll post a review on here when we're back!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

Good stuff there from WirralScouse... but no need to pay the rip off ship excursion price to Rome, there are alternatives.

7. Re: Thomaon Majesty excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 07:17