We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

We'd like to take a Baltic cruise next summer, and hope to see some of the "usual" destinations (Copenhagen or Helsinki, Rigya, Tallinn) without going to St. Petersburg. Is anyone aware of a cruise line that operates such a route? I'm not finding anything. I'd appreciate any advice!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,108 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

If you do a "Custom Search" on Vacationstogo.com, you can choose a Baltic itinerary, exclude St. Petersburg and include the ports that you're hoping to visit, to see if an itinerary shows up.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

Excellent - thanks! I'd been searching on that site, but didn't realize it had that feature. Great advice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

To follow up, I did run this search and unfortunately there were not any cruises that met our specifications, which is not surprising given that St. Petersburg is such a big draw in that area. We'll probably cobble this together as a non-cruise trip using ferries, planes, and/or trains to get between our destinations. I appreciate your help, though.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

Hi there, just a crazy thought but could you just enjoy a day or two enjoying the ship without getting off in St Petersburg? Think of it as an enforced holiday, if you pick the right ship you could have a lovely break just relaxing while everyone else is running around site seeing! Sort of thinking outside the box.

Good luck with your quest.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

That's something we're considering as well. Good idea.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

You are most welcome.

7. Re: Baltic Cruise Route that DOESN'T Include St. Petersburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:16