We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

Hi guys

How strict are Celebrity Cruises when it comes to their dress code policy.

We are booked to go on a Celebrity cruise for 12 nights in August and wondered if anyone could advise me on the dress code in the main restaurant.

Would my partner get away with wearing casual trousers and a shirt or does it have to be a jacket every night.

Also if we choose to attend the formal night would he have to wear a dinner jacket or would a light linen jacket be ok.

We are a bit concerned as our luggage allowance is only 20kg, which is not a lot for 12 nights.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

Hi Lindyloos

We were on the Celebrity Equinox in June this year. I noticed that the formal nights weren't as 'formal' as I thought they were going to be. Most men opted for trousers or smart chinos and shirts, some men had a jacket on and only a handful or so of the men had tuxedos on. I personally think it's nice to dress up, but I'm sure your partner will be fine with the light linen jacket option. Enjoy... Celebrity are great ships !!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

I agree with Jodes' experiences. We too were on Equinox and will be on Eclipse next month ex-Southampton. My attire for the formal night is exactly that,light trousers,linen jacket,short sleeved collared shirt and tie ie comfortable.

Your weight limit can only be because you are on a fly cruise as effectively the cruise line have no limit if it is liftable.I agree 20kgs each is not enough for 12 nights especially for a lady. You could pay the airline's substantial charge in advance for excess baggage.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

Hi,

Thanks for responses it's good to hear from people who have recently cruised with Celebrity.

We are on the Equinox as well so any other tips/advice you can offer would be greatly accepted.

Looks like we might have to pay for extra luggage allowance on the flight as my shoes alone will take up most of the 20kg ha ha !!

Thank you,

leveland, OH
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

It used to be that a tux was the norm for formal nights. We just got back from an Alaskin cruse with Celebrity and a tux was overkill. There were guys in tee shirts, jeans and a windbreaker. The dress code has changed in the last several years.

Stick with a light weight sport coat or suit and you will be fine. The tie would be optional with the right shirt.

Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

As I am going on a Celebrity Cruise next February am very interested in this subject. Any other advice would be appreciated as it will be our first cruise.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

On the 'formal' night i wore a nice black dress with wrap, as did a lot of ladies or long dresses, my husband just wore smart black trousers and a shirt and tie, only seen a handfull of men wearing jackets, its really up to you.

The rest of the time we just wore what you would on a nice night out.

7. Re: Celebrity Cruises Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 07:18