We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

We are travelling on the Celebration in June 2014, and are unable to book a cabin on DECK 9. Can anybody give us any information on why this isn't possible??

Any Help Appreciated .

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

Wrong forum, I'm afraid. This forum is for Air Travel.

I suggest you contact the cruise line.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/ This is the link to the correct forum, but I also think you would be best just contacting the cruise company.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

FYI - there is also a TA forum for cruises.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruise…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

That will be the deck where it says "Call us for latest availability" !!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

Welcome to the forums, scooby. Just wanted to let you know that we have since move your topic post here to the Cruises forum as it was initially misplaced in the Air Travel forum. Hopefully you'll get the information you're looking for here.

Happy travels!

TA_Louise

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

No obvious reason. There are 20 De Luxe cabins on Deck 9 and as they are in prime position and the optimum ones to choose perhaps they are already sold out even for 2014 though I doubt it. There are also De Luxe cabins on Deck 8 some of them have partially restricted views (lifeboats) but not all.If you book early enough you should be able to get one of the De Luxe No Restricted View cabins. Good luck.

Celebration is an elderly lady now but she is well-maintained and clean.One of Thomson's better ships.Decks 8 and 9 are very handy for Explorers Lounge an out of the way venue which many passengers never discover. It is lovely for drinks at any time (opens early evening I recall) but especially for the late night cabarets. Lovely views from that high up.

bristol
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

Thinking of Feb 2014 colourful coasts , think ship is celebration any reviews for then please.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

A kind forum member has pointed out that my comment in post #6 about Explorers is actually about Horizons.

Crynant, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

They have been all upgraded to suites, we had the same problem and no one could explain why! This week I tried to see if I could book the cabin we wanted and they came up as suites, pity Thomson couldn't have put a note on the front of the brochure explaining the situation!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deck 9 - Thomson Celebration Cruise Ship

That's a shame.The de luxe cabins on Decks 8 and 9 on Spirit and Celebration were well worth the supplement and I was happy to pay it.I know for sure I won't be able to afford the supplement for a suite. Never been lucky enough to have a suite.Balcony yes but suite is balcony cost +++++.And no balconies on these Thomson ships.

These ships are old but what you get for what you pay is value.

Edited: 01 January 2014, 21:43