We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

We are going on a costa cruise on October 4, and wonder any suggestion for hotel pick before and after the cruise. We have 2 days each before and after the cruise and don't know if we should choose a hotel closer to. The airport, port or downtown that will be affordable and convenient. Thank you

suffolk
Level Contributor
789 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

I have booked the Ciutat del prat hotel at the airport for the night before my cruise. Included is shuttle from airport to hotel, bed and breakfast and then shuttle to port in the morning.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

With 2 days either end of the cruise you would be better booking an hotel in Barcelona City rather than near El Prat. You may want to take either or both of the 2 colour-coded bus tours of the city or even see the sights/sites on your own (beware of street crime which there is on a different level altogether than you will be used to).

Bayside, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

Hotel Regina in Las Ramblas! We stayed pre cruise last year and loved it!

Edited: 28 September 2013, 00:26
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,612 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

Agree with the suggestion to stay in the area of Las Ramblas as the airport is too far removed from the sightseeing that you'll want to do. We stayed close to Placa Catalunya (at the top of Las Ramblas) - really liked where we stayed, but the hotel isn't one that I'd recommend ... it was just OK.

Suggest also asking on the Barcelona forum if you haven't already. And be sure to read through reviews on Tripadvisor to see what others have to say about hotels that they recommend. I know there are a lot of good reviews for the hotel that we stayed at, but a lot of poor ones as well, so be sure to read an assortment of reviews from 'excellent' to 'terrible' so that you'll know what the best and worst case scenarios might be.

Hope you love Barcelona as much as we did!

p.s. I just noticed that you're going next week ... if you haven't already found something, I would check a site such as Hotels.com to see what's available in your price range. You might be limited in your choices at this point.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 03:17
5. Re: Barcelona cruise before and after hotel selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:19