We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Cruises and Safaris

Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing Cruises and Safaris

Has anyone used this Winnipeg Company and if you have do you recommend?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

I haven't used them, but just wanted to suggest asking them for references. It's difficult to find reviews for travel agencies.

Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

Owner/operator refused

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

Then I would be looking for another travel agent.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,973 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

In that case they do not want your business if they do not want to supply references

Are they offering something no other TA offers that you are interested in???

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

Wow - not willing to give refs ? I'd be checking a site for consumer complaints if that's the case....and looking for another agency.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,690 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

OP has posted this on the Winnipeg Canada forum, so it is not a cruise related trip being proposed:

"I'm interersted in getting references for Amazing Cruises and Safaris - a small business in Winnipeg. I'm trying to find a safari/tour of Kenya."

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

It is for me Frommy ... well for our plans in 2015 when we disembark at Cape Town - lol

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,973 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

There are probably other tour operators offering the safari package ..sounds like this is a TA advertising a package not doing their own tour

Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

In the brief telephone conversation I had with the operator of Amazing Cruises and Safaris he demanded a $100 consultation fee before he would do anything. He said he had a 'vast array' of operators in Kenya who he knew personally and that he could customiize a tour for me. When i insisted he provide me some references, our conversation ended.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing Cruises and Safaris

He has a profile on Linkedin, but there's very little else about this company on the web, and they don't have a website. Frommy has given great advice on your thread on the Winnipeg forum.

Since you mention the desire to go with a group from Canada - perhaps try Adventures Abroad (based out of B.C.) They'll be able to give you references. We've used them for a trip to Patagonia and were pleased with them. They've been in business for 25 years, but even with them, it's hard to dig up on-line reviews.