We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forcast for the Eastern Carribean

Lauder Scotland
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forcast for the Eastern Carribean

According to various weather forcast sites it appears to be raining in the Caribean, can anyone tell me if this is normal waether for the Carribean?

We are going on a cruise in mid December and just wondering what the weather will be like and what type of clothes we will need.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forcast for the Eastern Carribean

Hi Jen,

From our experience in the Caribbean, if it does rain it's usually a quick, heavy shower rather than an all day rain. Often they are brief enough that you if you're outside, you can find somewhere to take cover until it passes.

I think your cruise starts in Florida? You'll probably want a light pair of long pants/light jacket or sweater for cool evenings, but I think for the most part, you'll be enjoying hot weather in the daytime.

On another note, I think you mentioned that you're on the Emerald Princess ... is it the Dec. 19th cruise? If so, you might want to join in or read the discussions going on on the roll call for your cruise on Cruise Critic (which is a 'sister-site' of Tripadvisor). This is where people on your cruise share information - here's the link for the Dec. 19th one; and just in case it's the Dec. 9th cruise that you're going on, I'm posting that link too.

Dec. 19th (this is 11 pages long, so you might want to skip through to the last few pages if you're short on time for reading it): boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Dec. 9th: (this is a really active roll call - 109 pages long!) boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Lauder Scotland
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forcast for the Eastern Carribean

Susan, many thanks for all your help....good to know that we will be enjoying hot weather most of the time.

Yes, you are correct we are on the Emerald Princess on 19th Dec.... our frst ever cruise! Not long to wait now, we are all so excited.

Thanks for the links.

3. Re: Weather forcast for the Eastern Carribean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17