We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miss sold a trip excursion

Luton, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Miss sold a trip excursion

We booked a cruise using Thomsons and after disembarking we had an 15 hourait for our flight home. Thomsons organised a trip for the late afternoon. Our only concern was our luggage but was assured it could be left at the port. On disembarking we learned the port luggage area shut at 17.00 ..out trip ended at 18.30 ..the only thing we could do was head to the airport and wait the 15 hours before flying home .. I have taken this up with Thomsons who are blaming everyone but them selves. I have asked for my money back plus compensation for time spent at the airport but I'm getting nowhere ..what do you suggest please

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,688 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Perhaps you would be better posting this on a cruise forum instead of an air travel forum

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.h…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Hi Lyndsay,

I notice that you inadvertently posted your question on the Air Travel forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Cruises forum. I hope you find the information you are looking for.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

You might also want to ask on the Thomson message board on Cruise Critic (a sister site of TA): boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Lyndsay,

Another thought - the Thomson threads here usually generate some feedback, but I'm not sure the title of your thread is going to attract those respondents. Perhaps post a new thread here with Thomson in the title to get the attention of people familiar with Thomson.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Here in the UK, we have a culture of ' the mis -sold '... eveyone is mis-sold everything it seems.

The OP wants compensation for time spent in the airport ? Dont we all.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Steven - if the OP was assured when they booked the tour that they could leave their luggage at the port, only to find out on the day of disembarkation that that wasn't an option, then the complaint seems to be a valid one.

But I'm curious - what did the others do with luggage who were on this tour? If it was a Thomson organized tour (as the OP mentions) then there must have been others in the same situation. Not enough info in the OP's post to understand what actually happened - but maybe with some feedback from others who are familiar with Thomson, they can get a better understanding of why/how this happened to them.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Most cruise tours- post cruise the luggage is on the bus with you

I guess Thomson does not do this

London, England
Level Contributor
8,760 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

Presumably the excursion was on a coach. Therefore, I don't understand why they didn't just put their luggage into the hold of the coach?

9. Re: Miss sold a trip excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:18