We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going on Southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 5th 2013...

Monsey, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Going on Southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 5th 2013...

The island are:

San Juan

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

Phillipsburg, St. Maarten,

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgtown Barbados

St. Kitts

--

I heard St. Lucia was flooded today, and that it was very high in crime. Did anyone go there recently and what was your experience there?

What do cruise ships do when islands get flooded?

I'm on the Breakaway NCL

Thanks!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,918 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going on Southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 5th 2013...

<<"What do cruise ships do when islands get flooded?">>

If the situation is bad enough (i.e. damage to tourist sites, roads destroyed, etc.), the cruise ship would either have to go to another port (another island) or spend an extra day at sea.

Monsey, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going on Southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 5th 2013...

Thank you, Thats what I thought :)

London, England
Level Contributor
8,066 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going on Southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 5th 2013...

We visited St Lucia last year on a cruise and it is my partners favourite Caribbean island. We did an excursion with Cosul Tours and it was excellent. Would probably do it again if we go back.

Barbados is probably one of the most organised places as many cruises start their itinerary from there. Plenty of trips to be had from outside the cruise terminal entrance. We have done a couple of island tours from there.

We also did local organised tours in St Kitts and St Maarten, although St Maarten is one of our least favourite Caribbean islands.

Cruise ships don't stop at destinations where there are problems. We have been on two cruises with Trinidad in the itinerary and both times we have gone somewhere else.

4. Re: Going on Southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 5th 2013...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18