We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Kansas City, Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
Pregnant Mom not allowed to board Disney Cruise

Pregnant Women beware! Disney has a policy that pregnant women can not cruise after 24 weeks. If you buy a Disney Cruise on Expedia there is no notice of the policy. If you like me don't learn of the policy until a few days before the cruise sale date and are more than 24 weeks, both Disney and Expedia will refuse to refund your money.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any luck getting your money back? My husband never would have booked the trip if he had known.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pregnant Mom not allowed to board Disney Cruise

If they have this policy posted in the Terms and Conditions on their website and/or inside their brochure then you should have known or could have known. I think that will be their position.

I'm sorry that you did not book with a Disney expert, a travel agent. They know these things and, in this case, certainly could have saved you two a lot of $$$. It is harder than one supposes to be your own travel agent. That's why there are folks doing it as a full time job. I hope you can still afford to enjoy your babymoon, just perhaps ashore.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,267 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pregnant Mom not allowed to board Disney Cruise

Hi Serena,

Thanks for posting here as it's a good 'heads up' for others. It must have been extremely disappointing to realize that you couldn't take the cruise.

24 weeks is fairly standard amongst the cruise lines, with a few variations. Here's a list that might be of help to others:

http://www.vacationstogo.com/preg-infant.cfm

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pregnant Mom not allowed to board Disney Cruise

Thanks for the info, we have just booked a Disney cruise leaving Sept 20th. And we are trying to fall pregnant, as we are flying from overseas I won't be going at all if I'm at least 5 months along, Disney have a good cancellation/reschedule policy and I will know by the time the final payment is due.

4. Re: Pregnant Mom not allowed to board Disney Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19