We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhine cruise MS Serenade 1...... newbies to cruising, tips?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Rhine cruise MS Serenade 1...... newbies to cruising, tips?

A friend and I, 2 ladies in our 50's, me with impaired mobility, have booked this cruise in August. It's our first time on any sort of cruise and we have pushed the boat out financially and booked a twin cabin on the middle deck.

Looking forward to it and would appreciate any tips, particularly in regards to excursions, as we would mostly prefer to do our own thing. Travelling from Amsterdam to Basel and flying from Heathrow.

Many thanks.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,767 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhine cruise MS Serenade 1...... newbies to cruising, tips?

Hi Susan,

I haven't done a river cruise, but just wanted to mention that TA's sister site, Cruise Critic, has a forum dedicated to River Cruising which you might find helpful as well:

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

2. Re: Rhine cruise MS Serenade 1...... newbies to cruising, tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:20